Project Management Professional (PMP) - PMI
Our online PMP training educates on how to initiate, plan and manage a project, as well as the process behind analyzing risk, monitoring and controlling project contracts and how to develop project schedules and budgets.
About this Project Management Training
The PMP certification is a globally-recognized certification that distinguishes individuals who possess the experience, education and competency to lead and manage projects. Our PMP online training course educates on how to initiate, plan and manage a project, as well as the process behind analyzing risk, monitoring and controlling project contracts and how to develop schedules and budgets. At the end of the training, individuals should be able to successfully build, plan, manage and execute a project plan.
This self-paced PMP online course is thorough, because the exam is quite laborious, and test-takers who are successful can attribute most of their success to in-depth training. Our full library of online self-paced training videos will ensure that you're well prepared. Once the PMP certification is earned, one can enjoy the distinction and recognition that comes from being a PMP holder, as well as the multitude of possible job opportunities.
About this PMP Exam Prep
In order to earn the official certification for PMP, you must take one required exam. Passing the exam is determinant on the individual psychometric analysis set by the PMI institute.
What is Involved in this online Project Management Training Course?
In our PMP training you will learn to perform all the key aspects of project management. Upon completion of the in-depth training, you will have the resources and knowledge required to successfully build, plan, manage, and execute a project plan. The course is comprehensive, as the PMP exam is lengthy and arduous. Cybrary offers a full library of training videos that are designed to prepare you for the PMP exam. At the conclusion of the course, which is just over 5 total hours, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Who Should Take This PMP Examp Prep?
The PMP course is designed best for:
- New managers who are interested in becoming familiar with fundamentals of the project management key concepts that will improve their management skills and professional value.
- Current project managers who do not hold the PMP Certification.
- Professionals who work in the project management area who want to learn what is expected in order to become PMP certified.
Is PMP Training Worth It?
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is one of several that distinguishes candidates with all the knowledge and skills that are necessary for the position from all the rest. Those who complete certification training and successfully complete the certification exam will be much better prepared for project management work and have a leg up on their non-certified counterparts. If you have an appetite for leading teams to achieve shared goals within an organization and want to pursue a career in project management, then PMP training will set you up for success.
There are numerous reasons why the PMP training and certification enhance and accelerate the career path of the project manager. Some of these include:
- A PMP sets resumes apart - Interviewers looking to fill a project manager position prioritize resumes and profiles that include a PMP certification over those who have not obtained one. In the search for qualified candidates, individuals with a PMP certification are more likely to get a second look and an invitation to the interviewing process.
- A PMP is recognized globally – While many certifications pertain only to specific geographic locations or countries, the PMP exam is recognized worldwide. Regardless of the candidate's industry or previous project management experience, the certification demonstrates that he or she will be an asset to the company.
- Sharpens skills – When completing the PMP exam prep, students will establish and hone project management skills by using the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide, which is a collection of processes, terminologies, best practices, and guidelines that make up the accepted standards within the project management industry.
- PMP demonstrates dedication to the position – Taking the time and making the effort to achieve PMP certification demonstrates that employees have a high level of dedication to their organizations and to their role.
- PMPs get higher salaries – Employees with a PMP certification earn higher average salaries than non-certified project managers. The average median salary for PMPs is $108,000, opposed to $91,000 for those without certification.
The PMP certification gives you added credibility as a project manager, enhances your job and advancement opportunities, and shows that you are dedicated to your career. The PMP course is the preparation you need to successfully obtain your certification and guarantee that you will have an advantage over candidates without certification.
What Does a Project Manager Do?
A project manager is the person who is responsible for the overall initiation, design, planning, implementation, controlling, monitoring, and successful closing of a project. This includes overseeing all aspects of the project including planning, budgeting, and documenting every step of the project. They often work with a team from other departments to complete projects, as well as reporting to upper management regarding the schedule and status of the project.
Why Become a Project Manager?
There are many benefits of earning a PMP. The following are some to consider:
- Global Acknowledgement – With a PMP certification, you will have the freedom and flexibility to work anywhere in the world. These credentials are recognized and sought after worldwide.
- Increased Salary – Obtaining a PMP certification can be a lucrative help to your career. It's estimated that those project managers who pass the PMPexam earn up to 17% more than those who don't. Additionally, according to the Project Management Salary Survey released by the Project Management Institute in 2017, the median income for certified professionals was $111,969 annually.
- Better Career Opportunities – Having a PMP certification opens up new job opportunities in the project management arena. Professionals with these credentials are often recruited by organizations that are looking for employees with strong leadership skills and expertise to manage high-performing projects.
- Applicable to a Wide Variety of Industries – PMP certified employees are a great fit for project managers in many fields, including telecom, IT, commerce, finance, business processing, research, and many more.
- Increased Job Security – Even during tough economic times, PMP professionals are more secure in their jobs than many others. Having a PMP certification demonstrates core competencies that make employees much more valuable to organizations even during a recession.
- Increased Visibility to Recruiters – Organizations often prefer to hire PMP professionals rather than their non-certified peers. The certification demonstrates to recruiters that the person has a professional expertise in project management, and it will immediately catch recruiters' attention.
- Great Future Investment – For the relatively low cost of taking the PMP exam, $405 for PMI members, and $555 for non-members, you will be making a small investment that will more than pay for itself with increased career opportunities and higher salaries.
What Jobs are Available for Project Management Professionals?
As a project manager, you can work in nearly any industry or field, with any organizational processes, and in any location – worldwide. Having a PMP certification ensures employers that you understand and speak the global language of project management and that you have the ability to complete projects on time and on budget, while meeting all project objectives.
What Does the PMP Exam Entail?
The PMP exam consists of 200 questions (multiple-choice), for which you have four hours to complete. The exam is comprehensive, and while taking prep courses is not required, it is recommended. Your certification must be renewed every three years, and you must have earned 60 professional development units (PDU) in order to do so.
The cost of the exam is $405 for members of the Project Management Institute (PMI), and $555 for non-members. For more information, contact the Project Management Institute. Visit the PMI website. to learn how.
If you would like to earn more CEU/CPE hours for PMP, take the Guide to Passing the PMP Certification Exam prep course here!
Complete this entire course to earn a Project Management Professional (PMP) - PMI Certificate of Completion
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.
Enhance your effectiveness at managing project teams and distinguish yourself as a highly successful global ...
If you plan to take a PMI certification exam, then this course is for you.