Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
Module 1: Cryptography
Module 2: Risk
Module 3: Security Policies & Procedures
Module 4: Enterprise Computing
Module 5: Security Analysis & Assessments
Module 6: Organizational Security
Module 7: Host & Application Security
About the Online CompTIA CASP Certification Training
For IT professionals looking to enhance their security skills in areas such as enterprise security, risk management, integrating computing and research and analysis, CASP training is ideal. The CASP certification validates one's knowledge of advanced security concepts and proves that an individual is capable of the critical thinking necessary to develop effective solutions. In our free online training course, you'll learn how to integrate advanced authentication, how to manage risk in the enterprise, how to conduct vulnerability assessments and how to analyze network security concepts and components. Our library of training videos covers all exam objectives in-depth, so that when it's time to take the exam, you'll easily prove your competence of advanced security topics without breaking a sweat. Watch our training videos all at once, or week-by-week...choose how you want to learn! This is a self-paced online class, so you can choose your learning style.
If you want to enhance your IT resume with a new skill set, consider this course. It's accepted by the US Department of Defense, HP and Dell security personnel because it showcases the ability to conceptualize, design and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments skills that are in high demand!
This course sponsored by: @kaysea
About the CompTIA CASP Certification Exam
In order to earn the official CASP certification, you must take one exam. Test-takers must earn a "pass" score (not scaled) on the 80 maximum-question exam. The exam runs for approximately 165 minutes.
Certifications are valid for three years. Reestablishing your certification status requires certain guidelines be met. For more information on maintaining the CompTIA CASP certification, visit CompTIA's website.
What Is CompTIA CASP?
The CompTIA Security Practitioner certification was launched in 2011 with the intention of being a master-level qualification for IT professionals. It is a vendor-neutral certification that confirms individuals who possess the certification have the technical knowledge, advanced level security skills, and critical thinking skills to recommend and implement cybersecurity solutions.
What Does This CompTIA CASP Online Training Cover?
In our online CompTIA CASP training course, you will gain all the knowledge necessary to successfully pass the CASP certification exam. You will be able to apply critical thinking to a wide range of information security environments to conceptualize and implement cyber security solutions that become organizational strategies. Additionally, you will possess the skills to:
- Support IT governance and risk management
- Design and create security for networks, hosts and software
- Respond to security incidents
- Transform related business needs into security requirements.
The CompTIA CASP course has a total clock time of 10 hrs. and 25 minutes. Upon completion of the training, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Are There Prerequisites for the CompTIA CASP Training Course?
There are no required prerequisites to take our online training course. However, CASP certification typically follows CompTIA Security+, or for individuals who have the equivalent work experience, and who have a hands-on focus (not just a managerial focus) at an enterprise level organization.
Is Getting the CompTIA CASP Certification Worth It?
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification is a designation that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience that an IT professional possesses. This greatly increases the employability of the individual, advancement opportunities, and several other benefits, including:
- Worldwide recognition – All CompTIA certifications have a significant level of credibility within the industry. Further, the CASP certification is globally recognized, which means that the door is open to CASP certified employees worldwide.
- Job opportunities – Because CompTIA certifications are recognized globally, a CASP certification is accepted in various countries besides the U.S. There are many organizations that look to hire employees who possess the CASP certification, for example, U.S. Army and Navy, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Verizon, Network Solutions, and many others.
- Better salaries – The average salary for CASP certified professionals was $90,579 in 2016, as reported by Global Knowledge's IT Skills and Salary Report.
- Meets U.S. Department of Defense requirements – CASP certification I approved by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) for some positions. The following DoD roles require employees to be CASP certified: IA Architect and Engineer (Levels I and II), IA Manger (Levels II and III)
Who Should Take the CompTIA CASP Training?
The target audience for Cybrary's online CompTIA CASP training is:
- IT professionals who have at least 10 years of IT experience – both administrative and hands-on technical security.
- IT professionals who are looking to advance into specialist security positions like risk management or analyst, penetration tester, ethical hacker, or security architect.
- IT professionals who are currently in the following, or similar, roles: information security analyst, cybersecurity risk manager, IT specialist, IS professional, security architect, cybersecurity risk analyst, enterprise security, integrating computing and research and analysis.
What is Involved in the CompTIA CASP Certification Exam?
To become certified in CompTIA's Advanced Security Practitioner designation, you have to take and pass one exam. The test covers technical knowledge and skills that are required to design, engineer, integrate, and implement security solutions across multifaceted security environments to protect enterprise level organizations from cyber threats.
The CASP certification exam consists of a maximum of 90 questions, for which you have 165 minutes to complete. The test is graded on a pass/fail basis. The exam costs $439.
Upon successfully passing the exam, your CASP certification will be valid for three years. To renew your certification, there are some guidelines that must be met. If you want more information, you can visit the CompTIA website.
Purchase a Discounted CASP Exam Voucher
Vouchers are available for purchase through the Cybrary catalog; and, only valid for redemption within the USA.
CompTIA CASP (CAS-002 Exam)
Certificate of Completion
Complete this entire course to earn a CompTIA CASP Certificate of Completion