Microsoft Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
In the Microsoft 70-642 Virtual Lab, work hands- on with Windows Server 2008 and learn to effectively configure addressing and services, configure names resolution network access, configure file and print services and manage a network infrastructure.
If you are looking to effectively configure the Network Infrastructure and utilize Windows Server 2008, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Windows Server 2008 is the server operating system developed by Microsoft.
Professionals seeking a comprehensive understanding of how to configure Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure to deliver mission-critical performance will greatly benefit from The Microsoft 70-642 Practice Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed to evaluate, deploy, and use Windows Server technology, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the Microsoft 70-642 certification exam.
This practice lab and the exam it aligns to are intended for IT professionals in the complex computing environment of medium to large companies. The MCTS candidate should have at least one year of experience implementing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2 in an environment that has the following characteristics:
- 250 to 5,000 or more users
- Multiple physical locations
- Multiple domain controllers
- Network services and resources such as messaging, databases, file and print, firewalls, Internet access, an intranet, Public Key Infrastructure, remote access, remote desktop, virtualization, and client computer management
- Connectivity requirements such as connecting branch offices and individual users in remote locations to corporate resources, and connecting corporate networks
Obtaining your certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to configure addressing and services, configure names resolution network access, configure file and print services and manage a network infrastructure.
Topics of Emphasis
- Configure Addressing and Services
- Configure Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Configure Name Resolution
- Configure Network Access Server
- Configure File and Print Services
- Monitor and Manage a Network Infrastructure
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.
Emerge as a highly successful business leader who is able to manage and improve the ...
Stand out as an exceptionally skilled enterprise professional and work hands- on using Windows Server ...