Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
If you are looking to write queries using the Microsoft SQL Server database and gain faster insights on data, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications. Being able to tell a story using data is critical for today's evolving businesses who need insight into their customers, products, etc.
Professionals seeking a comprehensive understanding of how to harness Microsoft SQL Server 2014 to deliver mission-critical performance will greatly benefit from The Microsoft 70-462 Practice Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed to manage and implement databases and work with powerful reporting tools, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the Microsoft 70-462 certification exam.
This practice lab and the exam it aligns to are intended for database professionals who perform installation, maintenance, and configuration tasks.
Obtaining your certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to install and configure Microsoft SQL Server 2014, maintain instances and databases, optimize and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server 2014, manage data, implement security and high availability.
Note: This lab now includes a SQL 2014 device, this means you can now carry out the steps in SQL 2012 and SQL 2014. Notes have been included where any differences in the steps may occur.
Topics of Emphasis
- Install SQL Server and related services
- Implement a migration strategy
- Configure additional SQL Server components
- Manage SQL Server Agent
- Manage and configure databases
- Configure SQL Server instances
- Manage SQL Server Instances
- Identify and Resolve Concurrency Problems
- Audit SQL Server Instances
- Manage Logins and Server Roles
- Manage Database Permissions
- Troubleshoot Security
- Manage Users and Database Roles
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.