The Implement SSL VPN using ASA device manager module provides you with the instructions and Cisco hardware to develop your hands-on skills in the following topics:
- Implement a Clientless SSL VPN using the Cisco ASA Device Manager
- Implement AnyConnect using the Cisco ASA Device Manager
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- Apply secure design principles to network architecture (e.g., IP & non-IP protocols, segmentation)
- Secure network components
- Design and establish secure communication channels
- Prevent or mitigate network attacks
Exercise 1 - Implement a Clientless SSL VPN using the Cisco ASA Device Manager
In this exercise, you will use the Cisco ASDM software to create a Clientless SSL VPN enabling remote access for Web-based users to gain access to the corporate network. In this particular example, you will use PLABEXTCLI to VPN to the LDNFWASA01 firewall enabling connectivity to the PLABDMZWEB.
A base configuration has been applied to all the devices in the lab so that you can focus on configuring the VPN. The base configuration that has been applied is that same configuration you built in the module Implement the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance.
Exercise 2 - Implement AnyConnect using the Cisco ASA Device Manager
In this exercise, you will configure the Cisco AnyConnect client. In my personal experience, even though you have to download the client to the machine, it is a much better user experience than the Clientless SSL VPN.