The Upgrading to Oracle 12c module will introduce the process of upgrading a database to Oracle Database 12c. This module will also explain the various upgrades and migration methods.
- Preparing for a Database Upgrade
- Upgrading the Database
- Performing a Manual Upgrade
Exercise 1 - Preparing a Database Upgrade
In this exercise, you will learn the following about database upgrade:
- Understanding the Requirements and Methods used for Database Upgrade
- Understanding How to Prepare New Oracle Home
- Using the Pre-Upgrade Information Tool
Exercise 2 - Upgrading the Database
In this exercise, you will learn the following:
- Understanding How to upgrade a database using a Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA)
Exercise 3 - Performing Manual Upgrade
In this exercise, you will learn the following about performing manual upgrade:
- Understand how to Perform the Pre-Upgrade Tasks
- Understand how to execute the Manual Upgrade Tasks
- Understand how to Perform the Post-Upgrade Tasks
- Understand how to Migrate to Unified Auditing
The easiest way to perform the upgrade is using the DBUA. There are certain situations where a manual upgrade needs to be done. The manual upgrade can be carried out for database versions 10.2.0.5, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 or higher. The tasks that are carried out in the manual upgrade are the same that are carried out using the DBUA. But for the prerequisite checks, the DBA is fully responsible before the upgrade takes place.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.