To help students grasp concepts from a practical standpoint, labs will be included in this course to simulate real-life scenarios. Some of the core concepts that we will cover include deployment and configuration of virtual machines, storage accounts and Azure AD. We will also examine various database options on Azure and identify data streaming options for large-scale data ingests and identify longer-term data storage options.
By the end of this course the goal is to ensure that you are able to:
- Design a hybrid identity solution
- Integrate solutions with external identity providers using Azure AD B2B or B2C
- Utilize advance features of Azure AD like Managed Service Identity, MFA, and Privileged Identity Management
- Secure application secrets using Key Vault
- Secure application data using SQL databases and Azure Storage features
- Determine ideal pricing for your Azure solution
- Identify performance threshold for Azure Storage Services
- Be able to efficiently utilize Azure File service
- Select the correct backup option for the infrastructure based off of the given scenario
- Automate the deployment if future resources for backup recovery or scaling purposes
- Design an alert scheme for a solution hosted in Azure
- Be able to implement an effective monitoring solution for applications, the Azure Platform, and networking
- Determine the correct type of Storage blob to used based off of the organization’s requirements and the scenario
Azure Administrators, Azure consultants, Azure Solutions Architects, and cloud engineers with experience in the Azure development process.
It is recommended that you will have at least fa undamental understanding of Azure and its main components. Although it is not required, students with the knowledge associated with the AZ-100/AZ101, AZ103, or AZ104 certification will have an easier time going through the course. There are some concepts that will not be covered in detail because there is an expectation that you have mastered these concepts based off of your existing experience/certifications.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Implement a monitoring plan
- Identify security difficulties and implement safeguards for common security threats
- Design data storage that meets/exceeds the requirements of an organization
- Implement business continuity based of the organizations budget and internal requirements
- Design an efficient infrastructure based off the organization’s requirement