AZ-303/304: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
The AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design course teaches the skills to configure networking, virtualization, identify management, security protocols, business continuity, disaster recovery, budgeting and governance within the Azure Infrastructure.
To help students grasp concepts from a practical standpoint, labs will be included in this course to simulate real-life scenarios. Some of the core concepts that we will cover include deployment and configuration of virtual machines, storage accounts and Azure AD. We will also examine various database options on Azure and identify data streaming options for large-scale data ingests and identify longer-term data storage options.
By the end of this course the goal is to ensure that you are able to:
- Design a hybrid identity solution
- Integrate solutions with external identity providers using Azure AD B2B or B2C
- Utilize advance features of Azure AD like Managed Service Identity, MFA, and Privileged Identity Management
- Secure application secrets using Key Vault
- Secure application data using SQL databases and Azure Storage features
- Determine ideal pricing for your Azure solution
- Identify performance threshold for Azure Storage Services
- Be able to efficiently utilize Azure File service
- Select the correct backup option for the infrastructure based off of the given scenario
- Automate the deployment if future resources for backup recovery or scaling purposes
- Design an alert scheme for a solution hosted in Azure
- Be able to implement an effective monitoring solution for applications, the Azure Platform, and networking
- Determine the correct type of Storage blob to used based off of the organization’s requirements and the scenario
Azure Administrators, Azure consultants, Azure Solutions Architects, and cloud engineers with experience in the Azure development process.
It is recommended that you will have at least fa undamental understanding of Azure and its main components. Although it is not required, students with the knowledge associated with the AZ-100/AZ101, AZ103, or AZ104 certification will have an easier time going through the course. There are some concepts that will not be covered in detail because there is an expectation that you have mastered these concepts based off of your existing experience/certifications.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Implement a monitoring plan
- Identify security difficulties and implement safeguards for common security threats
- Design data storage that meets/exceeds the requirements of an organization
- Implement business continuity based of the organizations budget and internal requirements
- Design an efficient infrastructure based off the organization’s requirement
In the Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert training course, students will learn to design and implement cloud services solutions including those for compute, analytics, storage, and networking within the Azure Infrastructure.
What is Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect AZ-303 and AZ-304?
Microsoft Azure is a platform that offers a variety of cloud services including those related to computing, analytics, networking, and storage. The platform was designed to help organizations build, maintain, and implement applications on a global network. To assure that organizations can utilize the full scope of the Azure platform, Microsoft created certification programs that validate IT professionals’ proficiency with its products. The AZ-303 and AZ-304 certification exams are two such credentials. When a candidate earns both, the Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert credential is awarded.
AZ-303 is the exam code for the Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies certification. This credential tests a candidate’s abilities related to the implementation and monitoring of an Azure infrastructure, the implementation of management and security solutions, the implementation of solutions for applications, and the implementation and management of data platforms.
AZ-304 is the exam code for the Microsoft Azure Architect Design certification. This certification validates a candidate’s proficiency in design monitoring, design infrastructure, design identity and security, design business continuity, and design data storage.
The AZ-303 ad AZ-304 certifications can be earned individually, but when both credentials are held by a candidate, the Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert credential is also awarded.
What Does the Azure Solutions Architect Expert Course Cover?
The Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert training course is designed to help students prepare for the AZ-303 and AZ-304 certification exams. The course covers the topics that are included in these exams plus labs are included to simulate real-life scenarios. When finished with the course, students should have the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Deploy a monitoring plan
- Identify security challenges and implement safeguarding procedures for security threats
- Design data storage solutions to meet or exceed an organization’s needs
- Implement business continuity based on the internal requirements and budget of an organization
- Design efficient infrastructures based on the requirements of an organization
This course is ideal for Azure consultants, Azure administrators, Azure solutions architects, and cloud computing engineers who have experience with the Azure development process. It is recommended that students who enroll in this course have a basic understanding of Azure and its key components. Students who have earned the AZ-100, AZ-101, AZ-103, and/or AZ-104 certifications will have a much easier time with the material for this course.
Upon completing the course, students will earn 10 CEU/CPE and they will receive a Certificate of Completion for the course.
What is the Difference Between AZ-303 and AZ-304?
The AZ-303 and AZ-304 certification exams test different areas within the Microsoft Azure platform. Here are the details for each exam.
AZ-303 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Certification Exam
The skills that are measured for this exam are:
- Implementation and monitoring of an Azure infrastructure (50-55%)
- Implementing management and security solutions (25-30%)
- Implementing and managing data platforms (10-15%)
- Implementing solutions for applications (10-15%)
The AZ-303 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies exam will consist of between 40 and 60 questions. The questions may be multiple-choice, sequencing, drag and drop, mark review, and scenario-based depending on the specific exam. Candidates must score at least 700 to pass the exam and earn the Azure Architect Technologies credential.
AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification Exam
The skills that are measured for this exam are:
- Design identity and security (25-30%)
- Design infrastructure (20-30%)
- Design data storage (15-20%)
- Design business continuity (10-15%)
- Design monitoring (10-15%)
The AZ-304 Azure Architect Design exam consists of 40-60 questions, in multiple-choice and multi-response formats. A passing score of 700 out of 1000 must be obtained to earn the credential.
How Can You Best Prepare for AZ-303 and AZ-304?
The Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification is considered an advanced level credential. It requires that students be proficient in the topics listed above. As a higher-level certification, the testing for this credential is found to be challenging for many candidates. As a result, candidates must be well-prepared for the exams.
At Cybrary, we help students prepare for the AZ-303 and AZ-304 certification exams by providing them with the materials and instruction they need to develop the skills that will help them successfully pass the exams. Cybrary is among the foremost online technology training websites. We are excited to help students with their Microsoft Azure certification exam prep. Signing up for this training course is easy, just click the Register button at the top right of this screen to get started.
Complete this entire course to earn a AZ-303/304: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certificate of Completion
This AZ-301 training covers the skills that are measured in the Microsoft Azure Architect Design ...
Azure Solution Architects are responsible for taking business requirements and turning them into solutions. This ...