Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
Master the fundamental technologies found in today's extensive IT environments and gain the practical training necessary to support complex IT infrastructures. The CompTIA A+ Virtual Lab will prepare you to efficiently tackle the most challenging technology problems you will encounter as an IT professional.
If you're looking to kickstart or expand your career as an IT professional and are eager to understand the most common hardware and software technologies used in business, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Held by over 1 million IT professionals worldwide, the knowledge CompTIA A+ certification establishes best practices in troubleshooting, networking and security across a variety of devices. Many organizations trust A+ certified professionals to keep their devices running smoothly.
Professionals looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of fundamental computer technologies will greatly benefit from The CompTIA A+ Virtual Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed as an in-demand IT professional, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the CompTIA A+ certification exam.
The CompTIA A+ 220-902 exam covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
Exercises Included in the 220-902 Lab
- Installing Windows - Part 1
- Installing Windows - Part 2
- Retrieving System Information
- Managing System Storage
- Securing Windows User Account Access
- Using Windows Features and Tools
- Understand Domains, Workgroups and Homegroups
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Understand Computer Name Resolution
- Understand TCPIP Services Part 1
- Understand TCPIP Services Part 2
- Understand TCPIP Services Part 3
- Configuring Security Policies
- Identify Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Configuring the Windows Firewall
- Deploying Anti-Malware Programs
- Performing System Maintenance
- Troubleshoot Common System Problems
- Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Windows Operating System Errors
- Understand Computer Virtualization
- Configuring and Managing Printers
- Understand Virtual Printing
- Understand Cloud-Based Applications and Storage
- Configuring a Mobile Device
- Configuring E-mail on a Mobile Device
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.