The Using CSS to Format User Interface in HTML5 module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics.
- Creating a simple web page and associate a CSS file with HTML tags, ID and Class Selectors, - Font Families, In Flow and Block Flow elements
- Using Flexbox and Flexbox items with Flexbox functions
- Using flex-order property to order and arrange content in a Flexbox
- Creating simple grid layout in a HTML page
- Using application template in a HTML page
Exercise 1 - Creating a Registration Form in HTML5
In this exercise, you will learn to create a HTML5 page and add an external CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) file to it. In the external CSS file you will add ID selectors, Class selectors, use Font and Font families, and add inflow and block flow elements. You will add Flexbox using CSS3 in the HTML page. You will use the Flexbox order property to order and arrange the items in it. You will create a simple grid layout. Finally, you will be using application templates to create HTML5 page.
Exercise 2 - Using Application Templates in a HTML5 Page
In this exercise, you will be using an application template to create a HTML 5 page. The template we will be using is Bootstrap. You can download bootstrap from the official website, however for ease of use this can be found on our intranet site.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.