Oracle Database Instances
The "Oracle Database Instances" module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands-on skills in the following topics: Understand Initialization Parameter Files, Understand how to Start Up and Shutting Down an Oracle Instance, View the alert logs and access dynamic performance view.
The Oracle Database Instances module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands-on skills in the following topics.
- Understand Initialization Parameter Files
- Understand how to Start Up and Shutting Down an Oracle Instance
- View the alert logs and access dynamic performance view
Exercise 1 - Understanding Initialization Parameter Files
In this exercise, you will:
- Establish a connection to the database using SQL*Plus
- Display Database Parameters
- Learn the difference between V$PARAMETER and V$SPPARAMETER
- Change parameter values
Exercise 2 - Starting Up and Shutting Down an Oracle Instance
In this exercise you will learn:
- How to start an Oracle database instance
- How shutdown an Oracle database Instance
Exercise 3 - Viewing the Alert Logs and Access Dynamic Performance View
Oracle contains a set of views that are maintained by the database server and are accessible to the database administrator user SYS.
In this exercise you will:
- Understand the dynamic performance view
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.