The Managing a Query Store module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topic.
- Working with Query Store
Lab time: It will take approximately 45 minutes to complete this lab.
Two exam objectives are covered in this lab.
- Enabling a Query Store
- Getting Information from a Query Store
Exercise 1 - Working with Query Store
Query Store is a new feature that is integrated in SQL Server 2016. This feature helps in diagnosing and troubleshooting query performance related issues. Query Store can hold multiple execution plans for a single query. You can use the Query Store feature to perform the following tasks:
- Audit the query plans history.
- Analyze the usage of resources such as memory, CPU, and input/output for the database.
- Determine the usage of memory and CPU time by the Transact-SQL queries.
- Monitor the database performance.
You can enable the Query Store on the database using Transact-SQL statement or the Graphical User Interface (GUI) available in SQL Server Management Studio.
In this exercise, you will enable the Query Store feature using Transact-SQL and learn about the different types of Query Store views.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.