The Manage Printers and Printing module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics.
- Basic CUPS configuration (for local and remote printers)
- Manage user print queues
- Troubleshoot general printing problems
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Manage printers and printing
Printing is a common thing that everyone is pretty much familiar with. Most offices will have a printer and the system administrator manages it. There are a few common terms that one should be familiar with. These terms are:
- Printer - responsible for accepting requests from one or more users to print documents
- Print Queue - Holds the print requests till the associated printer prints them
- Spooling - Sends the print jobs to the printer
- Spooler - Manages the print queue.
In this exercise, you will understand how to manage printers and printing.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.