Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
this module you will learn objectives and skills for the file management portion of IT Fundamentals certification include Explain the basic methods of navigating an operating system
- Executing programs
- Difference between shortcuts and files
- Navigate a file structure
- Navigate with hot keys
- Search, sort and display files
- Read-only vs. modifiable files
- Folder and file size
- Folder and file permissions
- Create screen captures
- Accessibility options
- Display and navigate the file system:
- Windows: Review Use Windows Explorer to view and navigate the hard drive's file system structure.
- OS X: Review . Use the Finder to view and navigate the hard drive's file system structure.
- Linux: Review Use Files to view and navigate the hard drive's file system structure.
A file management system should not be confused with a file system, which manages all types of data and files in an operating system (OS), or a database management system (DBMS), which has relational database capabilities and includes a programming language for further data manipulation. A file management system's tracking component is key to the creation and management of this system, where documents containing various stages of processing are shared and interchanged on an ongoing basis.