The "Understand Permissions" module provides you with the instruction and Server hardware to develop your hands on skills. This module includes the following exercises: 1. Understanding Permissions in Microsoft Windows Server, 2. Modifying Permissions Using Active Directory.
The Understand Permissions module provides you with the instruction and Server hardware to develop your hands on skills. This module includes the following exercises:
- Understanding Permissions in Microsoft Windows Server
- Modifying Permissions Using Active Directory
Exercise 1 - Understanding Permissions in Microsoft Windows Server
In this exercise, you will learn the following using Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Granting or denying permissions on files and folders
- Assigning permissions to the Registry keys
- Modifying permissions using Active Directory
- Demonstrating permission inheritance
- Taking ownership of folder and file permissions
- Configuring delegation using Active Directory
Exercise 2 - Modifying Permissions Using Active Directory
Active directory tracks every object on the system. Every user or group is considered as an object in active directory. Active directory console displays the list of users, groups, service accounts or computers in a particular domain. We can create new users or groups in the active directory. We can also edit the permissions of any object in active directory.
In this task, you will modify permissions using Active Directory. You will perform the following subtasks:
- Create a new group
- Create a new user
- Add the new user as a member of the new group
- Set the folder permissions for the newly created grou
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.