The SCCM Configuration Items and Baselines module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop hands-on skills in the following topics:
- Creating a Windows configuration item for compliance settings in SCCM 2012
- Creating and deploying a configuration baseline
- Importing configuration data in SCCM 20012
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- CAS-002 2.2: Given a scenario, execute risk mitigation planning, strategies and controls
- CAS-002 2.3: Compare and contrast security, privacy policies and procedures based on organizational requirements
- CAS-002 3.2: Analyze scenarios to secure the enterprise
- CAS-002 4.3: Implement security activities across the technology life cycle
Exercise 1 - Create Windows Configuration Items for Compliance Settings
In this exercise, you will learn how to create configuration items to define configurations for managing and accessing compliance on devices.
Exercise 2 - Create Configuration Baseline and Deploy the Baseline
You can evaluate compliance in SCCM by defining configuration baselines. Configuration baselines contain predefined configuration items that you want to evaluate. It can also contain another configuration baseline. In this exercise, you will create a configuration baseline for a Windows configuration item..
Exercise 3 - Import Configuration Data in SCCM 2012
You can import configuration data from the Microsoft site in SCCM Configuration Packs. Microsoft and other vendors define these configuration data.
In this exercise, you will learn to import configuration data in SCCM Configuration Manager Packs from the web into Configuration Manager.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.