With the advancement in the technologies, there are numerous options available to accomplish a single task. At that time, a user needs to decide with which alternative should one go. The same scenario exists when the users talk about various email clients available in the software industry. In the list of these email client, the two famous names are Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook. Lotus Notes supports NSF file whereas Outlook supports PST file format. Sometimes, it is required to move from one platform to the other. In this post, top methods to convert NSF to PST are discussed. Then after user can easily migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.Reasons to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
Some of the reasons due to which a user wants to switch from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook via NSF to PST Conversion are:
Techniques to Convert NSF to PST Without Losing Any Data
- Microsoft Outlook provides a very simple user interface. Even a non-technical person can use this software without any issue. On the other hand, the user interface of the IBM Notes is very complex to use.
- MS Outlook offers its users to manage multiple accounts from the same screen. The user does not face any problem while handling more than one account in Outlook. Whereas, in Lotus Notes, users can manage a single account at a particular time.
- In Outlook, Microsoft adds new features with every new version. The features keep on increasing providing many facilities to the users. Also, the MS Outlook is equipped with 51 best plugins and add-ins.
- Users can manage and organize their emails very effectively in Microsoft Outlook. The platform enables the user to sort their data in different folders. Not only sorting, the user can also view their emails in a hassle-free manner.
- Microsoft Outlook is a preferred choice among users when it comes to the security issue. The data saved in the Outlook is saved from the outside environment and unauthorized access. Also, maintenance of Outlook is much cheaper as compared to Lotus Notes.
To export NSF file to Outlook PST file format, there are 2 methods:
- Manual Approach
- Automated Approach
Let us study each method in detailManual Approach
The manual method can be completed in the following two steps:
#Step1: Export the NSF Files from Lotus Notes
- Export the NSF files from Lotus Notes
- Import the NSF files in Microsoft Outlook
To export the NSF file from Lotus Notes, follow the given set of instructions:
#Step2: Import the NSF Files in Microsoft Outlook
- Open the Lotus No application in your local system.
- Select the Open button from the main screen of the application. Choose the NSF files that you want to export to PST file format
- Navigate to the menu section of the application. From there, you have to choose File option and then select the option of Export.
- By doing this, an Export wizard will open up on your screen. Choose the desired folder where you want to save the NSF files. From the drop-down menu, select comma separated values or structured text from the option Save as type. Name the file and press on Export button.
Follow the given steps to import the NSF files to MS Outlook:
Limitations of the Manual Approach to Convert NSF to PST
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application
- Click on the File option and then select Open followed by the Import option
- An import and Export wizard will open up on the screen. Choose Import from another program or file and then, click Next
- An Import a File window will appear on the screen. Choose the Comma separated values (windows) from here and click on Next
- From the next window, click on Browse to select the NSF file exported from Lotus Notes in step 1
- Select the destination location where you have to save the resultant PST file.
- At last, click on Finish
- The migration of the NSF files will start.
There are some of the drawbacks associated with the manual method to perform Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration. These are as follows:
Automated Approach to Easily Migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016
- The steps involved are very lengthy and hence, the process is very time-consuming
- The method requires deep technical knowledge regarding both the email clients
- If the mistake is committed at any point, it may result in loss of data
To overcome all the drawbacks of the manual method, users can go with an alternative solution. This can be done by using the third-party tool like Revove NSF to PST Converter
. This is the professional solution to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.Final Verdict
With the change in the time, the demand of the user may also change. The user may feel the need to perform NSF to PST conversion. Both manual and automated method has been explained in the post. The user can go with any of the method depending upon the need.