Ready to Start Your Career?
May 24, 2018
How to Convert Mac MBOX to PST File?
May 24, 2018
May 24, 2018
Mac Operating Systems support an email client named Apple Mail for users to communicate by sharing emails. The ‘Apple Mail’ email client stores all its emails in an MBOX file. To read these MBOX emails in Outlook, convert Mac MBOX to the Outlook PST file format. You need to do so because MBOX files are not supported in Outlook, whereas PST files are.
Methods of Converting Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook PST
Option 1: Manual MethodStep 1: Import all Apple Mail mailbox data into an MBOX file. To do so, execute the steps below:
- Open ‘Apple Mail’ on your Mac.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and click the ‘Import Mailboxes…’ option.
- Select the program or file to import Apple Mail mailbox data. Click “Files in mbox format” and then the ‘Continue’ button.
- Browse to locate MBOX files and select the one to convert. Then, click ‘Choose.’
- Choose the data items to import. Click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Done’ after the completion of the ‘import’ process.
- Append the MBOX file extension to the imported file. For example, rename “InboxMBOX” as “InboxMBOX.mbx.”
- Move the “InboxMBOX.mbx” file to the directory in which Eudora stores its files. C:Documents and Settings<user>Application DataQualcommEudora.
- Run Eudora on your system. To create the mailbox, double-click on the InboxMBOX.mbx file.
- Close ‘Eudora.’
- Run Outlook Express on your system.
- Go to its ‘File’ menu and click Import >> Messages…
- Choose ‘Eudora’ in the list and click ‘Next’.
- Browse the InboxMBOX.mbx file location and click ‘OK.’
- Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Next’ again.
- Click ‘Finish.’
- Launch MS Outlook on your system. Then click on File >> Open.
- Click the ‘Import’ button and then go to ‘Import and Export Wizard.’
- Choose ‘Import Internet Mail and Addresses’ and click ‘Next.’
- Select Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail and click ‘Next.’
Option 2: Automated MethodYou can use technologically advanced automated software tools to convert Mac MBOX to the PST file format. One such software is Stellar MBOX to PST Converter. Embedded with several advantageous features, it converts MBOX to Outlook PST easily and successfully.
- Converts single or multiple Mac MBOX files in one go
- Saves converted mail items in a new PST file or appends them to an existing Outlook PST file
- Provides a preview of the converted mail items before importing them into Outlook
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP and Windows Server 2008 and 2003
- Select the ‘Apple Mail’ email client in ‘Select Mail Client to be Converted.’
- Click the ‘Select File’ button to convert a single PST file. Or
- Click on the ‘Select Identity Folder’ button to convert multiple MBOX files present in a folder.
- Check the preview of all mailbox data items in the ‘Preview’ window.
- Click on the ‘Save’ icon to save the converted emails. With this, the ‘Save File’ dialog box appears.
- Select ‘Choose a new Outlook PST file’ or ‘Append to an existing Outlook PST file.’
- The ‘Saving’ process will be in progress.
- The Outlook PST file is successfully saved.
ConclusionNow that you know two methods and their steps to convert Mac MBOX to PST file format, you can use either method based on your preference. However, it is recommended that you use Stellar MBOX to PST Converter. Though it comes at a price, it simplifies the MBOX to PST conversion process. What adds to its advantages is that the Mac MBOX to PST conversion is done quickly without users needing to have expertise or technical know-how, thus saving you valuable time that would otherwise affect your business.
Build your Cybersecurity or IT Career
Accelerate in your role, earn new certifications, and develop cutting-edge skills using the fastest growing catalog in the industry