August 28, 2017
File Conversion: OST to PST Converter Tool
August 28, 2017
Anyone who works with Exchange mailbox accounts in offline mode needs OST file for Outlook which stores your mail and data. The OST file gets synced when Outlook is connected to the server. This is useful when the server has a maintenance or crash or any other issues. But, if you need it on a different computer, usually the copy/paste method won't work like it does with PST files. So, we can use EdbMails to convert OST to PST for these circumstances, or to recover from a corrupted OST to create PST by using the convert operation.
This is the safest way to migrate data from OST to PST by doing it automatically rather than trying to do it manually. If you're not technically experienced to go through all the process in Outlook to export and import functions. So, using third party software like EdbMails gets you a user friendly GUI with automated conversion and 24/7 support.
How to perform OST to PST conversion using EdbMails?
1. Go to All Prgorams and open “EdbMails” software. Then, enter your login credentials of the account you created in the edbmails.com website. Now, select “Login” button. Make sure you have internet connected for login.
2. Here, there are 3 options to choose. Select the 2nd option “Export Exchange OST file” operation to convert OST to PST. Next, click on the “Browse” button and find the OST file that you want to convert and click “Open”. Hit the “Continue” option. Now, wait till the “OST Recovery Operation Progress” window closes and the main EdbMails window opens with all the mailboxes data displayed in a tree view on left side.
3. Now click the “+” icon to drop the list of folders inside the mailbox that you want to view. Select any folder inside that tree view and the content inside the folder will be listed on the right side of the application window. You can “Stop and proceed with export operation” if you wish to, or you can wait and review data in preview mode before exporting to ensure you are choosing the right folders that you want to convert or just "select all" and convert.
4. Select all the check boxes for the folders/mailbox that you want to convert and then right click on the left hand folder panel or hit the bottom right button “Export Selected Mailboxes/Folders to PST/ Office365/ Live exchange”. Now, select “Export selected Mailboxes/Folders to PST file” in the window that pops up with 3 options. The other 2 options are to export to Office365 and Exchange Server if you want, however, right now we will focus on OST to PST here.
5. In the next window, you have filter options. The default options will export everything that you have selected already. If you want further filtering according to subject/date etc, you can choose here. Now, click on “Export OST to PST”. Then you will be asked to pick a location for export PST file save location if its not set already. Click “OK” after picking a folder for the designated export location and you will be prompted with a final confirmation before starting export. Choose “yes” to start operation.
6. Now, you can follow the ongoing progress through the progress indicating window and once its done, you will get a report window. That's it. You have successfully converted OST to PST in a safe and easyily repeatable process.For more information you can visit our site: https://www.edbmails.com