Convert Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook
Are you one of them who want to migrate Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook? If yes, then do you know there are many users like you finding the solution for the same? However, they all have to face many challenges. Considering this, we have brought forth two methods one is manual and other one is automated to convert IBM Notes to Outlook.
Lotus Notes and Outlook both are essential platforms. Both of them are used to maintain the continuity of the work in organizations. However, at times it becomes necessary to convert NSF to PST due to several reasons like switching organization, the cost of maintenance, etc. Let us discuss 2 methods to complete this task.
Manual Trick to Import NSF Files to Outlook
Users can perform Lotus Notes to MS Outlook Conversion manually in two steps:
Step1: Export Notes NSF Files
Step 2: Import to MS Outlook
- First, open Lotus Notes client in your system
- Then, open NSF database from where you wish to export the file
- Go to the Menu and click on File>>Export…
- Now, on Export wizard, choose the location to store the new file
- After the selection of location, click on the drop-down option
- Choose, Comma Separated Value and on the CSV Export window, define the amount of data you want to move and click on OK
Note: You can also choose Structured Text
Now, the data will be exported from NSF file within a few seconds to the selected file format. Import this into a new file to MS Outlook via Import & Export wizard by performing these steps:
- Begin it by opening Microsoft Outlook email application on your machine
- Then, go to Menu>>File>>Open>>Import
- Now, on Import & Export, choose Import from another program/file and click on Next
- On Import a file, choose Comma Separated Values and click on Next
- Next, select the file you wish to import MS Outlook. Click on Browse to choose the file and again click on Next
- Choose the destination folder to save the CSV file, which will be followed by a click on Next
- Finally, click on Finish. The process of importing will start. Wait for some time until the completion of the process.
Found Manual Solution Tricky? NSF to PST Converter is the Solution
The manual solution is tricky, lengthy and may affect the formatting of the data. This is the reason users search for a dependable and easy solution. One such solution is NSF to PST Converter. It is a third party professional tool designed for the safe and quick Lotus Notes to PST Conversion. The software comes up with different features making the task of conversion less complicated. Some of the features are:
- It preserves the original structure of NSF files
- Support the conversion in batch mode at once
- Users can migrate the entire data from NSF to PST
- Date remains safe and secure throughout the process
- Comes up with the entire report of conversion process
- It has a user-interactive interface that even a novice can run it
The Bottom Line
A major reason that pushes organizations to move from Lotus Notes to Outlook is due to its cost effective functionality. However, the migration process is not as easy as it seems to be. Therefore, we have introduced a manual solution to move the data from Lotus NSF to Outlook PST. Apart from this, to make the process simple we have introduced a third party utility. There are some drawbacks associated with manual trick therefore, it is recommended to opt for a trouble free solution.
Do you like to write about your infosec knowledge, skills, opinions, or exploits?
Publish your original research, tutorials, articles, or other written content on Cybray's blog to be seen by thousands of infosec readers daily!