By: justin hansen
January 22, 2021
Instant Solution to Combine Multiple PST Files in Outlook 2016 and 2013
By: justin hansen
January 22, 2021
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email client software. The reputation of Outlook can be mainly attributed to its easy-to-use graphical interface and up-to-date security enhancements. Connectivity with other advanced technologies makes Microsoft Outlook stand out in the crowd against other email clients. However, the ease and complexity are indirectly proportional to each other in the technological fields. With ease, there must also be some associated complexity. The management of multiple Outlook data files is difficult. The situation becomes even more challenging when we have Outlook PST files in bulk. Then, we have to figure out how to manage the Outlook PST files without losing any data. This article will discuss the easy-to-use manual method to combine multiple PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and address this problem completely.
Combine Outlook PST Files in Outlook 2016 and 2013: Complete Manual Guide
Outlook PST files merging with the manual solution is challenging and complicated, requiring technical expertise. However, a complete guide to combine Outlook PST files with attachments in a simple manner is given below. There are two different steps involved in merging PST files in Outlook 2016 and 2013.
- Create new Outlook data files
- Transfer data from old Outlook PST files to newly created data files
Manual Steps to Create a New Blank Outlook PST File
Here is the simple and easy-to-use manual guide to creating a new blank Outlook PST file.
- Start and Run the Microsoft Outlook application and go to New items >> More items >> Outlook data file options (see Figure 1).
- Now, select the location to save a new blank Outlook PST file and name it.
- Finally, click OK.
The Next Process: Import Outlook Data into Newly Created Outlook PST Files
Now, follow these steps to merge multiple PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
- Start and run Microsoft Outlook and then go to File >> Open & Export >> Open Outlook Data File (see Figure 2).
- Click on the browse button to select the File to import.
- Finally, click OK(see Figure 3).
After following the steps mentioned above, you can combine multiple PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and so on. The same must be repeated for each Outlook PST file that you have. We will now discuss the instant solution to easily combine PST files into Outlook 2013, 2013, 2010, 2007, and so on.
The Instant Solution to Merge Outlook Data Files into Single PST Files
- Download and install PST Merge Software (see Figure 4) from the following website: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/pst-merge.html.
- Click on an add file option; select the feasible option (see Figure 5).
- Select from the multiple options to merge Outlook data files such as Merge, Join, and Merge Contacts only (see Figure 6).
- Apply the filter as required. By default, you will get the option to remove duplicates, exclude or include deleted items, or split an Outlook data file.
- Browse for a location to save the resultant Outlook data after the completion of the merging process.
- Finally, click on the Merge PST files option to start the process (see Figure 8).
We have discussed the two different approaches to merge Outlook data files with attachments. The Outlook user chooses either method and combines multiple PST files in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. Both methods work fine and are tested under suitable conditions and apparatus. But as per expert recommendation, PST Merge is still the best and fastest option.