How To Recover Corrupted Data From Pen Drives
Users Query“I had stored my all precious official PowerPoint and Word file documents in my pen drive. Yesterday, my boss asked me about these documents. Then I connected my pen drive to my laptop. I was shocked and disappointed because my pen drive was empty and my all data was corrupted. I don’t know how it happened. Please help me and suggest a solution for recovery of corrupted data from a pen drive.”
Uses of Pen Drives and Know How to Recover Corrupted Data From Pen DrivesPen drives are mostly used to store and transfer data such as audio, photos, videos, professional and personal data. A pen drive is very simple to carry from one place to another. However, the essential data stored in a pen drive is always prone to data loss for various reasons like corrupted media, unintentional formatting, accidental deletion, virus attacks, and human error. But there’s no need to worry about that. Just follow these steps that I have given below to learn how to recover corrupted data from a pen drive.
- Recover Corrupted Data From Pen Drive by Using CMD Whenever users data deleted, corrupted and formatted from pen drive. Firstly they should choose command prompt. Just follow these steps that I have given below and know how CMD works:
- Go run by pressing Win key+R
- Write CMD to Enter command prompt
- Hit Command Prompt (Admin). The CMD will open.
- Type the pen drive letter, E.g. > F: and Hit Enter.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*, hit Enter and hold for a few of seconds.
- Now check the pen drive, and your files would be retrieved.
- Point out the folder that considers your deleted data
- Hit on this and choose Properties Option and click on it.
- From menu bar click on Previous Version button
- Now a list of the older file will display, choose needed files
- Now, hit on Restore button from the bottom
- Download and install pen drive data recovery software
- Launch the tool and it will view the list of entire attached Pen Drive
- Choose your pen drive device and check the basic details about it
- The software provides two way of data recovery scan and formatted Scan Scan: To recover deleted and corrupted dataFormatted Scan: To recover formatted data
- Select the appropriate option
- After that, search and preview restored pen drive data
- Finally, you can Save restored items on your computer
Final WordsI think all above methods are useful to users for recover deleted, corrupted, and formatted data from pen drive. But pen drive data recovery software is the best way of data recovery. Here your data recovered very safely and securely.
Do you like to write about your infosec knowledge, skills, opinions, or exploits?
Publish your original research, tutorials, articles, or other written content on Cybray's blog to be seen by thousands of infosec readers daily!