Create a Word List on Kali Using CRUNCH
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution aimed at advanced Penetration Testing and Security Auditing. Kali contains several hundred tools aimed at various information security tasks, such as Penetration Testing, Forensics and Reverse Engineering. Kali Linux is developed, funded and maintained by Offensive Security, a leading information security training company.
Kali Linux has almost 600 penetration and testing tools which are used for hacking . Many people use Kali Linux for wireless hacking.
Wireless hacking includes:
These are the most powerful and well known hacking tools on Kali Linux. For hacking WPA on Kali-Linux using aircrack-ng on Kali Linux we need a wordlist we get many wordlist on Internet but we have a best tool on Kali Linux to create a wordlist that is crunch
HOW TO CREATE A WORDLIST USING CRUNCH .
- Go to your Kali machine and type crunch in the terminal
- To create a wordlist type inthe following command
Cruch <min> <max> <charset> -t <pattern> -o <filename.lst>
<min> = min of number of characters to start wordlist from
<max> =maximum number of characters to stop wordlist at
<charset> = the characters you want to give on wordlist
<pattern> =(optional) if you want create the wordlist of phone numbers you can keep +91@@@@@@@@@@ so the wordlist starts with +91 in the beginning .
<fileman.lst> = name of the file u want to save as .lst
The command looks like ::
crunch 13 13 1234567890 -t +91@@@@@@@@@@ -o bigwordlist.lst
after creating the wordlist it is found on your root directory .
- The pattern of creating the wordlist is all the same on Kali-Linux and backtracks .
- The time and space taken depends upon the number of charset you gave and minimum and maximum characters
- In the command -t <pattern> is optional while creating the wordlist.