Scanning & Enumeration
As a penetration tester or red teamer, you will use scanning and enumeration to interact with target systems and learn more about them just like a hacker would. In this Scanning and Enumeration course, you will learn to use key tools to discover and document target information that is vital for your engagements.
Already have an account? Sign In »
Module 1: Introduction to Scanning and Enumeration
Module 2: Scanning Tools
Module 3: SNMP Enumeration
Module 4: Documentation for Scanning and Enumeration
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for beginner-to-intermediate level penetration testers and red team members who want to learn about the attack phase of Scanning and Enumeration.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
You will gain the most benefit from this course if you have mastered the following:
- Proficient in using the Linux command line
- Basic knowledge of ports, protocols, and services
Why should I take this course?
In this course, you will gain the following capabilities:
- Interact with target systems and learn more about them
- Scan networks to create a network map
- Identify network assets, risks, and vulnerabilities
- Enumerate various information about a target system
- Perform proper documentation of the network terrain
- Identify which tools suit your needs for scanning, enumeration, and documentation
What makes this course different from other courses on similar topics?
This course is part of a series on the Hacker Mindset and is taught by Ray Evans, a member of the Cydefe team. CyDefe develops and operates capture-the-flag (CTF) style environments, and this course focuses on presenting learners with virtual labs where they can dirctly apply what they've learned.
Why should I take this course on Cybrary and not somewhere else?
This course enables you to learn from one of the foremost experts in the field, and our on-demand format affords you the flexibility to learn at your own pace.
Complete this entire course to earn a Scanning & Enumeration Certificate of Completion