Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
This course covers the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 exam components needed to pass both exams to earn the CompTIA A+ certification. This course will cover both exams with part 1 covering the 1001 exam. The course will also include labs and quizzes to help reinforce learning.
Module 1: System Unit Hardware
Module 2: Motherboard Components
Module 3: RAM Types and Features
Module 4: PC Expansion Cards
Module 5: Storage and Media Devices Introduction
Module 6: CPU Types and Cooling
Module 7: Connectors
Module 8: Power Supplies and Connectors
Module 9: Custom PC Configurations
Module 10: Display Technologies
Module 11: PC Display Connectors and Cables
Module 12: Common Peripheral Devices
Module 13: Printers and Multifunction Devices
Module 14: Mobile Devices
Module 15: Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Identify types and characteristics of PC, laptop, and mobile components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot peripheral devices, system components, print devices, wired and wireless, LAN links and internal access devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X PC operating systems plus iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
- Configure and manage PC and mobile device network connectivity plus users, groups, and shared resources in a typical SOHO network.
- Use anti-virus tools to prevent and recover from malware infections
- Configure access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Perform basic PC maintenance while working safely and responsibly and communicate effectively with customers.
Certificate of Completion
Complete this course and earn a CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certificate of Completion