HashiCorp Vault is a powerful secrets manager used to securely store sensitive passwords and other credentials. Jump into this Vault fundamentals course to learn how to use Vault for secure storage, robust encryption, and access management to protect your organization. Then apply what you’ve learned in our secure virtual labs.
Familiarize yourself with strategies to address these areas of concern and get tactical by implementing various security measures using Vault. Understand the capabilities and design of the HashiCorp Vault application then apply your knowledge by solving a variety of real-world scenarios.
Solid grasp of cloud fundamentals and some experience creating services in a public cloud (AWS - preferred, GCP, Azure, etc.). Good understanding of identity access management (IAM) concepts and terminology. You should be comfortable working on the command line.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the motivations for secret management
- Recognize problems that Vault’s capabilities are well positioned to solve
- Understand Vault’s application design
- Administer, configure, and use Vault
- Locate valuable resources and references to continue using Vault
Complete this entire course to earn a Vault Fundamentals Certificate of Completion