How to Use Ophcrack (BSWR)
If you are an IT professional, you probably have a need to recover passwords from time to time. Join Robert Smith in this “Breaking Stuff with Robert” (BSWR) session to learn how to use Ophcrack, a simple and free tool that can help you quickly crack and recover passwords. You’ll be glad you dropped in for this Ophcrack tutorial.
Who Needs to Use Ophcrack?
The primary use of Ophcrack is for password discovery. Due to the frequent need for password discovery, this is a tool that every IT professionals should keep in their toolbelt. However, not only professionals can use this password cracking tool. Anyone who uses one of the operating systems Ophcrack integrates with may have a situation where they need to recover a password, and this tool is easy to use even without a technical background.
Why Use the Ophcrack Tool?
Ophcrack is an open-source password cracker that’s easy to use and quick. But those are not the only reasons that it is a tool worth learning. Here are some of the added benefits and features you’ll be able to utilize when learning Ophcrack:
- It runs on Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X
- It cracks hashes (LM and NTLM)
- It offers free tables for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- It recovers passwords automatically via the LiveCD method
- It doesn’t require any download to recover passwords
- It provides real-time graphs for password analysis
- You don’t have to have any knowledge of existing passwords
- The password is recovered, not simply reset, which may be helpful for accessing certain archived files
- It dumps and loads hashes from encrypted Security Account Manager (SAM) files recovered from a Windows partition
- It uses a simple GUI
- It’s free
If you would like to learn how to use Ophcrack for password recovery, continue with our Ophcrack tutorial. This course will show you everything you need to know to crack passwords quickly and easily.
Teaching Assistant Vikramajeet Khatri and Tahir Ibrahim
(Disclaimer: Breaking Stuff with Robert is a Cybrary series that will be running indefinitely. You will not earn CEU/CPE hours by watching any individual 'Breaking Stuff with Robert' episode. However, you can still earn a certificate of completion for each episode completed.)
Complete this entire course to earn a How to Use Ophcrack (BSWR) Certificate of Completion
Doona is a network protocol fuzzing tool and it is a fork of the Bruteforce ...
In this course we will cover the tool CaseFile. CaseFile builds graphs with offline data ...