There are many different tools that can be used to help secure a network as well as monitor it for malicious activity. If you are motivated to learn more about the implementation and management of network security tools such as Nessus, Wireshark, Snort, to name a few, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 12% job growth is expected in network and computer systems over the next seven years. Professionals looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of different network tools and technologies will greatly benefit from the Introduction to Network Security Tools Virtual Lab.
With this virtual lab, you will gain hands-on skills needed as a capable network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician or IT cable installer.
Completion of this lab indicates that you are familiar with popular security tools, including firewalls, IDS/IPS, access control, and antivirus solutions. The topics covered in this lab will help you tackle more complex networking problems and make informed decisions regarding network security in the future.
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.