Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
If you are looking to learn how to install, maintain, and monitor server environments, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Professionals seeking a comprehensive understanding the full scope of Windows Server 2016 capabilities will greatly benefit from The Microsoft 70-740 Practice Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed to install storage and compute with Windows Server 2016, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the Microsoft 70-740 certification exam.
This practice lab and the exam it aligns to covers general installation tasks and considerations and the installation and configuration of Nano Server, in addition to the creation and management of images for deployment. It also covers local and server storage solutions, including the configuration of disks and volumes, Data Deduplication, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Storage Spaces Direct, and Failover Clustering solutions. The exam also features Hyper-V and containers, along with the maintenance and monitoring of servers in physical and compute environments.
Obtaining your certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to install, store, and compute using the features and functions available in Windows Server 2016.
Topics of Emphasis
- Install Server Core
- Install Windows Server 2016
- Configure and Manage Nano Server
- Work with Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- Maintain Operating System Images Using DISM
- Manage Operating System Images with Windows Deployment Services
- Manage Local Storage and Virtual Hard Disks
- Implement Storage Pools
- Manage iSCSI Storage
- Implement Centralized Event Logs
- Manage Virtual Machine Settings
- Manage Virtual Machine Storage
- Manage Virtual Machine Networks
- Implement Hyper-V Replica
- Manage Hyper-V Fault Tolerance
- Use Failover Clustering
- Implement Failover Clustering for Scale-out File Servers
- Manage Virtual Machine Movement
- Manage Server Performance
- Install and Configure Network Load Balancing
- Implement Windows Server Update Services
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.