IC3 Digital Literacy
Demonstrate your readiness to thrive in a digital workplace with the practical knowledge of the most widely used technologies. The IC3 Digital Literacy Lab, designed for beginners, will train you on essential technical tasks needed to succeed in a digital environment.
If you are ready to make your entrance into the exciting world of information technology and demonstrate you have the broad technical understanding it takes to work in a fast-paced business landscape, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
With over three million exams delivered, in 78 countries, the IC3 Digital Literacy certification has become the preferred solution for measuring and validating digital skills of students and employees all around the world. The IC3 Digital Literacy certification exam includes concepts and skills that apply to almost any school or career, making it the ideal solution for those looking to validate their basic technical skills.
In this lab, you will learn critical tasks such as: using web browsers and exploring the internet, working with the applications used for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations, and file sharing, cloud computing, and backing up and restoring files. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed as a capable professional, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 5 certification exam.
Obtaining the IC3 Digital Literacy certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to effectively use some of the world's most current and prominent technologies. The exam is divided into 3 parts: computing fundamentals, living online, and key applications.
Topics of Emphasis
- Configuring Mobile Devices
- Installing Windows 1 and Fedora Linux Workstation
- Applying Patches and Updates for Windows Desktops
- File and Print Sharing in Homegroup
- Understand Utility Software - Anti-Malware, Software Firewalls, Maintenance and Compression Tools
- Understand Phishing
- Explain Backup Concepts Using Collaboration Software - Cloud Storage and Online Apps
- Basic Functions of an Operating System
- Folder and File Permissions Using Productivity Software
- Support Windows Store and Cloud Apps
- Managing Web Browsers
- Calendaring and Scheduling Overview
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.
The network mapper (NMAP) is one of the highest quality and powerful free network utilities ...
In this FREE IT and cybersecurity training for beginners, you will learn about the four ...