Computer Forensics and Investigations
Learn to determine potential online criminal activity at its inception, legally gather evidence, search and investigate wireless attacks. The Computer Forensics and Investigations Virtual Lab will prepare you to become a computer forensics professional.
Digital crime is more prevalent than ever, and the attacks are getting highly complex. Security software can't pinpoint it—the eyes and expertise of a trained computer forensics professional is necessary. If you're excited by the idea of digital forensics as a career and eager to earn your CHFI certification, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Regardless of the size of your organization, computer forensics must be a part of the equation, meaning the need for highly skilled digital forensics professionals continue to grow. Practitioners looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of different hacking tools and techniques will greatly benefit from the Computer Forensics and Investigations Virtual Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed as a capable investigator, but it will also prepare you for the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification (CHFI).
Obtaining your certification as a digital forensics investigator signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to carryout forensically sound investigations in order to preserve evidence. The scope of someone in this role extends from attack investigation to assisting System administrators detect a problem by defining what is normal functional specifications and validating system information for irregular behaviors.
Lab Exercises Included:
- Linux and Macintosh File Systems
- Recovering Graphics Files
- Digital Forensics Analysis and Validation
- Virtual Machine Forensics, Live Acquisition and Network Forensics
- Email/Social Media Investigations
- Mobile Device Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Report Writing for High Tech Investigations
- Expert Testimony in Digital Investigations
- Ethics for the Expert Witness
Practice Lab Specifications Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.
This course on evidence handling will walk you through the simple yet critical process of ...
This course discusses the role of the expert witness, the process an expert should follow ...