Since 2015, Cybrary has become the largest provider of cybersecurity training, helping over 3,500,000 people around the world start or advance their careers. With widespread demand for cybersecurity professionals, Cybrary is the go-to platform for certification training, career paths and coverage of emerging threats and advanced-persistent threat groups. We hope this guide can become an invaluable resource as you get started and build your career.
For anyone thinking about a career in cybersecurity, we hope this guide can become an invaluable resource as you get started and build your career. As with all things, some may disagree with the information, recommendations or tips we include in the posts contained in this career playbook. We believe in providing the most comprehensive information possible to help millions more get into and advance their cybersecurity careers. If you have strong opinions about what we've included in here, please reach out, let us know and we can improve it!
A quick note, before you begin. Moving into cybersecurity can be such a great experience. It is understandable if you do not know what career path to look at or where to start. It doesn’t matter if you have zero experience; Cybersecurity is a field with a lot of opportunity. One of the key factors in achieving great things is understanding that this career field is anchored in continuous education.
Getting Started with a Career in Cybersecurity
- Explain Cybersecurity "Like I'm 5"
- How to Start a Career in Cybersecurity
- Is Cybersecurity a Good Career? All You Need to Know
- What Does a Cybersecurity Expert Do? A Detailed Guide
- What Does a Cybersecurity Career Path Look Like?
- What are the Top Programming Languages Does Cybersecurity Use?
- Cybersecurity Analyst Salaries: Entry Level to Pro
- Cybersecurity Training: Online Programs, Video Courses
- Free Beginners Cybersecurity Courses Online
- Soft Skills Needed for a Job & Career in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Certifications, Degrees and Certificates
- Cybersecurity Courses & Certifications Guide - 2023
- Do I Need a Degree For a Cybersecurity Job? What Major?
- Are Certifications Needed for a Cybersecurity Career?
- Which Courses Should I Take for a Job in Cybersecurity?
- The Rise of Performance Based Questions (PBQs) and Cybersecurity Certifications
- Cybersecurity CEUs: What are They and Why You Need Them
- Cybersecurity Certificate Online Programs
- Cybersecurity Bootcamp: The Best Cyber Bootcamp
- Cybersecurity Bachelor Degree: Best Schools to Get One
- Cybersecurity Online Degrees: All You Need to Get Going
- Masters of Cybersecurity: Best Colleges That Offer One
- Best Cybersecurity Programs: What Makes a Good One?
- Colleges & Schools with Cybersecurity Programs & Degrees
- Army Cybersecurity Awareness Training: What You Need
Getting a Job in Cybersecurity
- Introduction to a Cybersecurity Career Path: Step by Step
- How to Transition from IT to Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Internships: Where To Find & How To Get
- Cybersecurity Apprenticeships: Find and Get the Best
- Entry Level Cybersecurity Jobs: Preparation & Resources
- Cybersecurity Interview Questions: Answers & Advice
- Remote Cybersecurity Jobs: How to Find and Get the Best
- Cybersecurity Jobs Near Me: Locate a Cyber Job in your Area
- Cybersecurity Job: All You Need To Know, Resources
- Cybersecurity/Information Security Analyst: Role Responsibilities & Job Desc
Upskilling/Leveling Up your Career in Cybersecurity
- Learning New Skills and Earning Certifications as a Cybersecurity Professional
- Cybersecurity News - Articles & Outlets - Stay Informed
- Cybersecurity Twitter - Latest News: Threats and Trends
- Cybersecurity Conventions: Networking & Learn Hands-On
- Top Cybersecurity Newsletters for 2023
- Cybersecurity Magazines - Top Publications We Read
- Cybersecurity Organizations: Help With Best Practices
- How to Learn about the Latest CVEs and Threat Actors?
- Open Source Cybersecurity Tools to Learn in 2023
- Best New Cybersecurity Products - 2023
Building and Managing a Cybersecurity Team
- Building and Managing a Cybersecurity Team | A Full Guide
- Cybersecurity Policies & Procedures: How to Develop One
- Manage a Cybersecurity Team - All You Need To Do & Know
- Should I Outsource Any Part of Cybersecurity?
- All Cybersecurity Tasks That Must Be Kept In-House
- How to Build an Incident Response Program
- Implementing the NIST NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Penetration Tester Role | Cybersecurity Specialization
- Data Loss Prevention | Cybersecurity Specialization
- Cyber Risk Management Policy Role | Specialization
- Identity Management | Cybersecurity Specialization
- Cybersecurity Incident Response Role | Specialization
- Security Incident Manager | Cybersecurity Specialization
- Secure DevOps Role | Cybersecurity Specialization
- Secure Software Development | Cyber Specialization
- Cybersecurity Awareness Trainer Role | Specialization
- Security Awareness Training Program | Cybersecurity