Module 4: Configuration Files
Module 5: Indexing
Module 6: User Management
Module 7: Forwarders
Module 8: Distributed Search
Module 9: Getting Data In
This course is intended to prepare a Splunk Professional to take the Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator certification.
We will go over all the different Splunk components that may be in a Splunk deployment, how Splunk licensing works, the configuration files that determine how Splunk works under the hood, the indexing process, managing users, authentication, and authorization in Splunk, configuring forwarders, ingesting data from a variety of different sources, and how to tune data inputs to enhance performance, reporting, and user experience.
This course is intended for Splunk professionals that currently hold a Splunk Power User certification and have 1+ years of Splunk experience.
- Splunk Power User
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows system administration
- Basic understanding of computer networking
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Pass the Splunk Core Certified Administrator Exam
- Understand Splunk Components and Deployments
- Ingest Data into Splunk
- Manage Splunk Clients and Deploy Apps
- Understand and Configure Splunk Authentication and Authorization