Privacy Program Management
In this Privacy Program Management training course, students will learn privacy program strategies, applicable laws and regulations, and operational elements that are needed to develop and implement an information privacy program for their organizations.
This course covers the topics and content necessary to develop and run an information privacy program within your organization. This course is catered towards pirvacy managers, privacy officers, directors of IT, and more.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Develop and Maintain an Information Privacy Strategy and Program
- Understand a Privacy Program Operational Elements
What is Privacy Program Management and CIPM Certification?
A privacy program is a set of standards used to define, maintain, and implement policies and procedures that allow for effective information privacy practices to minimize risk and ensure confidentiality of important data. Privacy program management is essential for all organizations that collect sensitive data on paper or electronically.
The Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) certification is a credential that is awarded by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) to candidates who successfully pass the certification exam. The CIPP certification validates an individual’s knowledge of privacy regulations and laws and how to apply them.
The CIPM certification is offered in different versions to provide localized content. The five versions are specific to Asia, Canada, Europe, U.S. Government, and U.S. Private Sector.
What Does the Privacy Program Management Course Cover?
In the Privacy Program Management course, students will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and maintain an information privacy program and will have a thorough understanding of the operational elements of such a program. The course covers key privacy program strategies, laws and regulations, and compliance aspects.
Who Should Take the Privacy Program Management Course?
This training course is designed for information management professionals including:
- Privacy and compliance officers
- Professionals who are in data protection roles
- Chief privacy officers and other senior information management personnel
- Privacy managers
- Legal compliance officers
- Risk Managers
- Compliance or privacy team members
- Information security professionals – Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information auditing and IT governance professionals – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Any professionals in roles that focus on U.S. privacy regulations and laws
- People who want to pursue a certification like the CIPM.
What Jobs Can You Get with a CIPM Certification?
There are numerous positions in which the CIPM certification is useful, as well as many in which it is required. Some of those roles include:
- Information Security Specialist
- Privacy Program Manager
- Security Assurance Privacy Specialist
- Data Privacy Consultant
- Senior Privacy Manager
- Data Privacy Legal Researcher
- Data Privacy Leader
- Principal Privacy Compliance Tester
- Security Accreditation and Authorization Specialist
- Business Analyst for Privacy and Civil Liberties Office
The above is just a sampling of the long list of jobs and roles that CIPM certified individuals are qualified to apply for. There are many others in which the certification is preferable.
What Are the Benefits of a CIPM Certification?
Certifications of all kinds are beneficial to individuals in the workforce and the organizations that employ them. They demonstrate specific desired skillsets and provide companies with competent, knowledgeable employees. Additional benefits of the CIPM certification include:
- Job opportunities – Hiring managers and recruiters are more likely to prefer candidates for job openings who have certifications listed on their resumes.
- Career advancement – Certified employees are often considered for promotions within their organizations over their noncertified peers.
- Credibility – A CIPM certification attests to the integrity of certified employees’ skills and knowledge.
- Proven professional achievement – Certifications demonstrate a specific, documented professional achievement.
- Industry recognition – The CIPM is awarded by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), a globally recognized association.
- Dedication to the field – Earning certifications shows that an individual is committed to continued learning in the field.
- Higher earning potential – Professionals with certifications typically earn higher salaries than those who are not certified.
How is it Best to Learn about Privacy Program Management?
Students who want to learn more about privacy program management and gain knowledge and skills to help with attaining key certification in the industry will find this course beneficial. It is an intermediate level course offering instruction on privacy program strategies, applicable laws and regulations, and operational elements of privacy programs.
All Cybrary courses are online training facilitated by industry experts. Students will receive the most up-to-date and relevant information that they can immediately apply at their organizations. Courses are self-paced, so they are convenient for students who already work full-time. Enrolling in the Privacy Program Management class is simple, just click on the Register button at the top of the screen.
Complete this entire course to earn a Privacy Program Management Certificate of Completion
The Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) training course is designed to prepare students to take ...
Taught by CISOs for CISOs, this Career Path has developed thousands of executives worldwide. Interact ...