PowerShell for Security Professionals
Unlock the power! Learn to apply PowerShell from both the red and blue team perspectives. In this PowerShell for Security Professionals course, you will learn the fundamentals of PowerShell and how it can be used to improve the automation of tasks across large organizational networks.
2.1Create and Run a Script
2.2Install Visual Studio Code
2.3Add Control Flow to a Script
2.4Create Script Safeguards through Error Handling
2.5PowerShell Scripting Demo
3.1User Roles and Features
3.2Using PowerShell to Manage Specific Rules
3.3PowerShell Security Best Practices Quiz
4.1Using PowerShell to Exploit
4.2Using PowerShell to Deliver Payloads
4.3PowerShell and Red Team Activities Quiz
5.1Integrating the Power of APIs
5.2Making API Calls with PowerShell
5.3Organizing Code Using Virtual Notebooks
5.4PowerShell Defensive Operations Quiz
6.1PowerShell-Related Interview Questions
6.2Online PowerShell Resources to Check out
Learn to apply PowerShell from both the red and blue team perspectives. In this PowerShell for Security Professionals course, you will learn the fundamentals of PowerShell and how it can be used to improve the automation of tasks across large organizational networks.
Throughout this course, a broader discussion of using PowerShell from both a red and blue team perspective will be considered to provide the learner with a comprehensive understanding of the implied risk that exists when approaching both the offensive and defensive mindsets of using PowerShell.
Who Should Take This Course?
System Administrators, network defenders, and red team members who want to automate their tasks and be more efficient.
What Are The Prerequisites?
- Basic awareness of programming languages
- PC/Laptop installed with Windows
- Some basic understanding of the command line (Win CMD/Unix Shell)
- We also recommend that you have Visual Studio Code installed.
By the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Create PowerShell scripts to help automate security.
- Review and deliver PowerShell scripts on remote systems.
- Develop necessary infrastructure (including the ability to debug) to improve operational security.
- Enumerate tasks and extract data needed to minimize risk using automated tooling and related scripts.
- Expand on your ability to safely run PowerShell scripts (via already existing code) to thousands of computers across the network.
- Identify key points of compromise necessary to defend against PowerShell malware and ransomware.
- Reflect on your findings in a meaningful way to interpret data correctly.
Complete this entire course to earn a PowerShell for Security Professionals Certificate of Completion
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.