Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
This is a course about penetration testing. In this course, you’ll learn from basic to the most advanced and modern techniques to find vulnerabilities through information gathering, create and/or use exploits and be able to escalate privileges in order to test your information systems defenses.
- IT Background
- Strong InfoSec knowledge
- Ethical Hacking knowledge
- Basic programming skills
- Hack the box – Labs
- Vulnhub – Labs
- The Hackers Playbook – Book
- BeeBox - Labs
A virtual machine with Kali Linux and machines from “vulnhub” (local lab) or “hack the box” (remote lab)
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Use passive and active reconnaissance techniques
- Use basic and advances scanning and information harvesting techniques
- Create code to exploit vulnerabilities
- Use and modify public exploits
- Recognize legit public exploits from fake exploits
- Use several techniques to gain access to a system from both remote and local side
- Use several techniques to escalate privileges
- Clear your tracks
- Create executive reports so your pentesting results can be presented to management.
- Perform lateral and vertical jumps between systems
- Use tunnels to compromise other computers on the network or hide your traffic.
Certificate of Completion
Complete this course and earn a OSCP Certificate of Completion