NIST Privacy Framework
The NIST Privacy Framework is a tool that enables you, as a cybersecurity professional or privacy manager, to identify and manage privacy risk and conduct business in a way that protects individual’s privacy. This NIST Privacy Framework course breaks down the tool’s core components and enables you to apply it and compare it to other frameworks.
The NIST Privacy Framework courseprovides students with an understanding of how to implement privacy protections into their services and operations and products and handle and manage privacy risks. Although many security professionals are familiar with cybersecurity best practices, privacy issues can present different challenges based on products or services that potentially violate privacy, varying approaches to managing privacy risks, and an ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Completion of Introduction to Data Privacy is a prerequisite for this course.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand why the NIST Privacy Framework was developed and created
- Demonstrate knowledge of the NIST Privacy Framework Core
- Demonstrate knowledge of the NIST Privacy Framework Profiles
- Demonstrate knowledge of the NIST Privacy Implementation Tiers
- How to Adopt the NIST Privacy Framework (Ready, Set, Go) – Hypothetical Use Cases
- Compare the NIST Privacy Framework to other Privacy Frameworks
Complete this entire course to earn a NIST Privacy Framework Certificate of Completion