Introduction to SQL
This introductory SQL training teaches SQL core concepts that can be applied in professional environments. Once students complete this course, they will be able to query and interact with an SQL database, and know how to design database schemas.
The Introduction to SQL course introduces a student to common concepts from the application of SQL in professional environments that permits the accurate and effective use of SQL language constructs. Upon completion you will understand how to query and interact with a SQL database, how to write effective queries for use in reporting applications, and how to design simple database schemas for light applications.
What is SQL?
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a domain-specific programming language used to manage data that stored in relational database management systems (RDBMS), or to perform stream processing in relational data stream management systems (RDSMS). In other words, SQL is a programming language that is used to interact with a database.
What is this SQL Training Online Like?
Cybrary’s SQL training online is designed to teach students the basics of the SQL language. Students will learn about databases, SQL programming, SQL development, SQL in applications, and how to proceed further in their career paths. The course is online and self-paced. Upon completion, students will understand core concepts related to the application of SQL and will be able to write queries to use in reporting applications and create straightforward database schemas for applications.
How Hard is it to Learn SQL?
SQL is not difficult to learn. It doesn’t require any prior programming experience, which makes it a good place to start. Because SQL is an English-like language, anyone who uses English, even at a basic level, can write SQL queries with ease. In addition, once someone knows SQL, they should be simple to work with any relational databases, as most are compatible with SQL.
Who Should Take SQL Training Online?
SQL is a universal database query language that is widely used. Both novice and experienced IT professionals should become well-versed in SQL. Additionally, this SQL training online is ideal for individuals who are in the following job positions, or who are targeting these positions in the future:
- Project managers – It’s important that project managers know all the inputss and outputss of their projects, and it’s the data which tells them their project's status.
- Database developers – Both frontend and backend developers need to know SQL, though frontend developers may not use it as much.
- Data scientists – These professionals are the ones who understand data better than any others. It’s essential, therefore, that they have a thorough understanding of SQL.
- Data Analysts – Data analysts need to understand relational databases so knowing SQL is a must.
- Data Engineers – Data engineers are the individuals who design and manage databases, so it’s vital that they know SQL.
Why Learn SQL?
There are numerous reasons to learn SQL, even though there are more modern database languages out there. Here are just a few:
- SQL is the most commonly used database language. These days, data is a valuable asset and it’s at the center of most business-related decisions. SQL has been, and continues to be, the most universal interface for data analysis. It empowers the most frequently used database engines such as SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- SQL is easy to learn. The major objective when SQL was created was to allow common people to get data of interest from databases.
- SQL is a skill that is sought-after by employers. Many hiring managers look to hire IT team members who have SQL as a skill. This doesn’t only apply specifically to SQL developers, but also to other roles like web developers, data scientists, desktop developers, SysAdmins, etc.
- SQL knowledge can garner higher salaries. The national average annual salary for SQL Developers is over $70,000, with the top end of the pay scale hitting nearly $110,000 per year. As with other IT job openings, there are currently more SQL Developer (and related roles) openings that there are professionals to fill them. Learning SQL can put you in a small group of highly sought-after professionals.
What is the Best Way to Learn SQL?
Cybrary’s Introduction to SQL course is a great way to learn SQL. The online course is convenient, self-paced, and thorough. To register for this course, click the Register button at the top right of this screen.