Amazon Web Services is currently experiencing an outage that may impact your experience on the Cybrary application. We apologize for any inconvenience and will be monitoring this situation closely
Intro to AWS
This Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS) course will teach you about Amazon's secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
This introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS) online training course provides students with an introduction to AWS. Students will obtain valuable foundational knowledge that will begin to prepare them to successfully pass AWS certification exams.
How Does this Introduction to AWS Course Prepare You?
This Amazon Web Services training prepares students to become AWS certified. AWS is an evolving, comprehensive cloud computing platform. It provides a combination of platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and packaged software as a service (SaaS) offerings.
Amazon launched AWS in 2006 to manage its online retail operations. It was among the first companies to offer a scalable cloud computing model that gives users compute, storage, and throughput as needed, on a pay-as-you-go basis.
The AMS portfolio consists of more than 100 different services that include those for compute, databases, infrastructure management, application development and security.
How Do You Start AWS Training?
You can begin your AWS training right here on Cybrary. The introduction to AWS course is an easy way to start your training. This course will provide you with foundational knowledge about AWS and put you on the path to obtaining AWS certifications.
What Does This Introduction to AWS Consist of?
Our online introduction to AWS course covers basic information including Free Tier of AWS, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Elastic Container Service (EC2), and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPN).
Within the free tier module, you will learn what is included in the free AWS package and how to set up an AWS account and billing alert. The IAM module covers what the service includes, what the role of the IAM admin looks like, and how to set up IAM. The S3 section of this training provides students with the knowledge to successfully create an S3 bucket, which provides scalable object storage for data backup, archival and analytics. The EC2 service provides virtual servers (called instances) for compute capacity. In this section of the course, you will learn to create your first instance, use putty for your instance, and how to automate the EC2 bootstrap. In the VPC module you will learn to create a custom virtual network.
The Introduction to AWS course is 3 hours and 27 minutes of clock time for the above modules. Upon finishing the course, you will have earned 4 CEU/CPE and you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Is This Beginner AWS Course Worth It?
In a word: yes. Becoming AWS certified demonstrates that you have some of the most valuable knowledge and skills in cloud computing, and that those skills have been validated by one of the best-known entities in the industry.
AWS certified professionals are in demand. AWS has over one million users and is the go-to provider for public cloud adoption. The Amazon service continues to grow financially, technologically, and geographically, making AWS certifications some of the most important to obtain.
What Are the AWS Certifications?
There is a total of nine AWS certifications you can pursue. They include:
1. [AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner](https://www.cybrary.it/course/aws-cloud-practitioner/) – This certification covers the foundational knowledge and core principles of the AWS cloud platform. The exam is multiple-choice questions which you have 90 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $100.
2. [AWS Certified Solutions Architect (associate)](https://www.cybrary.it/course/aws-certified-solutions-architect-associate/) – This certification proves that you can creat and implement systems in the AWS cloud. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 130 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $150.
3. AWS Certified Solutions Architect (professional) – This certification is the next step following the associate level AWS Certified Solutions Architect. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 170 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $300.
4. AWS Certified Developer (associate) – This certification demonstrates that you have the ability to develop applications that are native to the AWS cloud. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 80 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $150.
5. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (professional) – This certification demonstrates the ability to manage distributed applications within the AWS cloud. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 170 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $300.
6. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (associate) – This certification proves that you have the ability to implement, oversee, and operate system resources in the AWS cloud. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 80 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $150.
7. AWS Certified Big Data (specialty) – This certification shows that you have operational knowledge of various AWS services to optimize your data analysis. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 170 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $300.
8. AWS Certified Advanced Networking (specialty) – This certification establishes that you have the ability to manage the network architecture for any AWS service. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 170 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $300.
9. AWS Certified Security (specialty) – This certification proves that you have knowledge of advanced methods for maintaining the security of the AWS platform. The exam is multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions which you have 170 minutes to complete. The cost for this exam is $300.
This course is part of a Career Path:
No items found.
My professional career has spanned many diverse industries to include Finance, Media and Manufacturing. I am an avid reader and spend much of my spare time with my family, friends, and my trusty puggle ‘Zoey.’ Some of my immediate goals include becoming fluent in Spanish and earning my Private Pilot License.
Most of my experience in Cybersecurity has come via many years of working in Corporate Networks, particularly with different firewall vendors such as Sonicwall, Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto, and some Fortinet. Additionally, I have been a CISSP in good standing since 2007. I have also completed Training for the US Department of Homeland Security’s Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team course.
Certificate of Completion
Complete this entire course to earn a Intro to AWS Certificate of Completion