DFIR Investigations and Witness Testimony
Is it time for you to testify? This course is for digital forensics and incident response professionals who are preparing to testify. Learn more about what makes an expert witness, as well as what is involved in the process from collection and analysis to testimony. Gain confidence with defending your work before you take the witness stand!
“We need you to testify.” From fear to excitement, nervousness to confidence, the emotions these words evoke can vary. “But I have never testified before.” If this is one of your reactions, then this course is for you.
Basic understanding of concepts such as evidence handling, chain of custody, trial procedure, and digital forensic investigations.
- Digital forensics and incident response professionals who are preparing to testify for the first time.
- Those interested in learning more about to process from collection and analysis to testimony.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand and articulate the role of an expert witness
- Know the rules that govern expert witness work and testimony
- Identify the differences between a consulting expert and a testifying expert
- Understand the importance of documentation and strong investigation plans
- Feel comfortable with defending your work on a witness stand
Complete this entire course to earn a DFIR Investigations and Witness Testimony Certificate of Completion
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.
If you love the idea of doing digital forensics investigations to catch cybercriminals and want ...
Learn to determine potential online criminal activity at its inception, legally gather evidence, search and ...