Module 2: Forensic Concept Review
Module 3: Investigative Process
Module 4: The Expert Report
Module 5: The Origins of the American Legal System
Module 7: Rules of Evidence and Procedure
Module 8: Providing Depositions and Affidavits
Module 9: Expert Testimony
Module 10: Testimony Do’s and Don’ts
Module 11: Course Review and Next Steps
“We need you to testify.” From fear to excitement, nervousness to confidence, the emotions these words evoke can vary. “But I have never testified before.” If this is one of your reactions, then this course is for you.
Basic understanding of concepts such as evidence handling, chain of custody, trial procedure, and digital forensic investigations.
- Digital forensics and incident response professionals who are preparing to testify for the first time.
- Those interested in learning more about to process from collection and analysis to testimony.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand and articulate the role of an expert witness
- Know the rules that govern expert witness work and testimony
- Identify the differences between a consulting expert and a testifying expert
- Understand the importance of documentation and strong investigation plans
- Feel comfortable with defending your work on a witness stand
Certificate of Completion
Complete this entire course to earn a DFIR Investigations and Witness Testimony Certificate of Completion