Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
As you develop your skills for a cloud security engineer, architect, or manager role, you’ll want to take this Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification course. Information Security Analyst Graham Wicas will give you the training to understand all six domains of the CCSP exam, including cloud data security and legal compliance.
The CCSP certification allows you to showcase your cloud computing knowledge and improve your organization’s security posture. It can also help you obtain an increase in compensation and create better positioning for new job opportunities.
Prerequisites for this ISC2 CCSP Training
While there are no prerequisites for this course, you should have basic knowledge of information security and cloud computing concepts.
CCSP Course Goals
By the end of this CCSP course, students should be able to:
- Know what the CCSP exam is about
- Understand all six CCSP domains
- Be prepared for the CCSP exam
In our CCSP training course, you will obtain a complete understanding of security risks and mitigation strategies associated with data security in the cloud and become prepared to pass the CCSP exam.
What is a Certified Cloud Security Professional?
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) is a fairly new certification, introduced in 2015 by the ISC2 and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), that was created due to the increased popularity of cloud computing and the security risks that came along with it.
The CCSP certification signifies that individuals who have earned it not only have a thorough understanding of security associated with the cloud platform and infrastructure, but also with software, information, and other cyber environments.
What Does this Online CCSP Training Entail?
Our online Certified Cloud Security Professional course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to protect your organization’s cloud environment. With more and more companies moving information to the cloud, it has become crucial to have experts in cloud computing. This course will allow you to become one of those experts.
CCSP training prepares you to successfully pass the CCSP exam to become a certified professional. Upon completion, you will have comprehensive knowledge to understand the security challenges that are common to different types of cloud computing services, to select and implement appropriate controls to ensure the security of cloud environments, and to identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks to your organization's cloud infrastructure. The course covers key topics like cloud computing concepts, cloud software assurance, data security strategies, cloud data storage architectures, cloud reference architecture, and application security.
You will take an in-depth look at all six core domains of the CCSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Domain 1 - Cloud security architecture design concepts and requirements
- Domain 2 - Cloud data security
- Domain 3 - Cloud platform/infrastructure security
- Domain 4 - Cloud application security
- Domain 5 - Cloud security operations
- Domain 6 - Legal risk and compliance
The CCSP training will introduce you to best practices in cloud services associated with security controls. This CCSP course is self-paced, so you can study and practice on your own schedule.
How Useful is ISC2 CCSP Certification?
Obtaining your certification shows that you are a competent, knowledgeable cloud security specialist who has hands-on experience in the field. Just by having the certification, you will be qualified for a number of job opportunities and a better salary.
Some of the common job titles for CCSP certified employees include:
- Security Administrator
- Security Manager
- Security Architect
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Security Consultant
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Enterprise Architect
This, of course, isn’t an exhaustive list. The above job titles could potentially represent many different roles within an organization.
Becoming CCSP certified also means that you will likely be able to secure a higher salary than counterparts without certification. Exact salaries are hard to quote because the positions and organizations for CCSPs are so varied.
What Do Cloud Security Professionals Do?
A major part of being a CCSP is identifying critical information and executing the measures that reduce or eliminate the risk of exploitation for organizations. Knowledge of cloud architecture is needed to run and manage it. Some of the responsibilities of a CCSP may include:
- Building and implementing infrastructures for cloud environments
- Operating and overseeing infrastructures for cloud environments
- Managing physical infrastructures for cloud environments
- Building and operating logical infrastructures for cloud environments
- Ensuring compliance with regulation and controls
- Conducting risk assessments of physical and logical infrastructures
- Understanding how to acquire, collect and preserve digital evidence
- Managing communication with and identifying relevant parties
- Auditing and monitoring of tools, mechanisms, and facilities
What is Involved in the ISC2 CCSP Certification Exam?
The exam is a three-hour exam with 125 multiple-choice questions. You must earn at least 700 out of 1,000 points to pass successfully.
The CCSP exam covers the six CCSP domains, which are as follows:
- Cloud concepts and design
- Cloud data security
- Cloud platform and infrastructure security
- Cloud application security
- Security architecture design operations and service orchestration
- Legal, Risk, and Compliance
You also must have the following to qualify for certification:
- At least five years paid work experience in information technology
- Three of the five years must consist of work in information security, and one year in one or more of the six domains (above)
Complete this entire course to earn a Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) Certificate of Completion
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.