Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
If you are looking to begin your career as a capable software developer and gain basic programming skills, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Professionals seeking a comprehensive understanding of software development fundamentals will greatly benefit from The Microsoft 98-361 Practice Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed to program in C#, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the Microsoft 98-361 certification exam.
This practice lab and the exam it aligns to are intended for those who have some experience with C# or Microsoft Visual Basic .NET.
Obtaining your certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to prove core development skills and demonstrate an understanding of core programming, object-oriented programming, web applications, desktop applications, and databases.
Topics of Emphasis
- Understand computer storage and data types
- Understand computer decision structures
- Identify the appropriate method for handling repetition
- Understand error handling
- Understand the fundamentals of classes
- Understand inheritance
- Understand polymorphism
- Understand encapsulation
- Understand Algorithms and Data Structures
- Understand web hosting
- Understand web services
- Understand Windows Store apps
- Understand console-based applications
- Understand Windows Services
- Understand relational database management systems
- Understand database query methods
- Understand database connection methods
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.