Introduction to Wireshark
Set yourself apart as a network analyst by learning the standard in network analyzer tools. The Introduction to Wireshark Virtual Lab will prepare you to properly utilize Wireshark for network troubleshooting, analysis, software and communications protocol development, and education.
LEARN MORE. ACHIEVE MORE.
If you are ready to lead proactive analysis of networks and solve ever-changing puzzles related to packets and users, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
The need for highly skilled analysts with Wireshark knowledge is crucial for organizations who need to understand the inner workings of their networks. With more than 500,000 downloads a month, the IT industry has embraced Wireshark as the go-to tool for network troubleshooting, optimization and security.
Professionals looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of this widely used tool will greatly benefit from The Introduction to Wireshark Hands-On Lab. Having the skills to capture and analyze packets can help you cut to the chase to find out what is really happening on your networks. Wireshark can also provide insight regarding latency details and network characteristics.
Because there is always something new to learn from the packets flowing through a network, most IT professionals get a thrill out of using Wireshark. In this lab, you will learn how to install and customize WireShark, as well as how to work with and analyze captured traffic. The modules cover common ports and protocols, WireShark functionality and packet sniffing using this tool.
- Understand Common Ports and Protocols
- Installing Wireshark
- Wireshark Functionality
- Customizing Wireshark
- Working with Captured Traffic
- Analyzing Captured Traffic
- Analyzing Protocols
- Packet Sniffing with Wireshark
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.
Complete this entire course to earn a Introduction to Wireshark Certificate of Completion
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.
Cyber Security test is designed to check the application and various cyber security skills. Topics ...
Determine the necessary network security tools needed to safeguard your organization. Because there is no ...