By: Aditya Kanala
July 24, 2020
Infrastructure Services: Course Review
By: Aditya Kanala
July 24, 2020
What are Infrastructure Services?
Infrastructure services are information systems provided as a service, where the provider helps maintain them. Using them spares the cost, complexity, and risk of clients maintaining their internet platform.
A few examples of Infrastructure Services are:
- Communication Services: These include services related to daily communication, such as emails, messaging, voice services, and other tools.
- Networking: This deals with basic networking connections and tools.
- Data Processing: Computing infrastructure that allows data processing to be scalable, such as the cloud computing platform.
- Data Storage: This service deals with all the storage techniques for the data, such as cloud and databases.
- Information Security: This service concentrates primarily on different intrusion detection systems and vulnerability management systems.
Role Of Infrastructure Services in Cyber Security
The main role of Cybersecurity in Infrastructure Service is protecting servers on the trusted network, controlling connectivity, and securely handling increased connections to the cloud and remote access.
Infrastructure Services course in Cybrary
This specific Cybrary course, Infrastructure Services, by Trent Darrow, is just above the beginner level and is for Network Administrators, Junior Network Engineers, and people who are interested in the networking field and who want to increase their knowledge.
Those who are interested in this course should be familiar with some foundational prerequisites such as:
- Having a basic knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Knowing how to subnet and assign IP's to computer interfaces.
- Preferably working knowledge of Cisco networking devices as the tutor uses then for demonstrations and labs.
This course also provides you with additional supplementary materials such as:
- Cisco CCNA study materials.
- A ton of different networking reference guides by Packet life.
- References for Windows CLI.
- References for Linux CLI (if you are very much used to Windows).
For ease of reference, the course is divided into five modules. In each module, the viewer will gain a thorough understanding of the topics.
- Module 1: Troubleshooting in the Command Line (Windows 10 and Ubuntu):
In this module, you would be taught how to sign in to every interface using CLI, look at ICMP, verify that everything works to our gateway, verify DNS records using NSlookup, view what sockets are opened and listening, determine our Intermediary Devices with tracert and traceroute depending on the operating system, and, finally, view our ARP Cache and routing tables.
- Module 2: Patch all the things:
In this module, you get to patch a lot of vulnerabilities, upgrade the Cisco IOS version, upgrade the Cisco ASA version, and upgrade the SOHO router firmware.
- Module 3: Cabling:
In this module, the audience will learn about some of the physical characteristics of Ethernet and Fiber, different transmission speeds, and different lengths over which they can transmit.
- Module 4: Disaster Recovery:
This module deals with one of the most important topics: disaster recovery. The audience reviews how to perform backups for configs based on your environment, do automatic and manual backups for Cisco switch config, and manually restore TFTP, SSH, or Console cable, based on the environment and options.
- Module 5: Configure the Lab:
This last module is kind of a short lab. Not having the equipment is not a problem at all -, just watch the configuration of how to set up some GRE tunnels between different networks and look at routing tables before and after setting up the GRE tunnels.
Upon completion of this course, the audience should be ready for the advanced level in Infrastructure Services. Now, they have a clear understanding of the basics required for more details in the subject.
Cybrary is a great platform that will help IT and cybersecurity enthusiasts grow better. It provides a variety of good courses and laboratories, from which you can expand your knowledge and develop new skills in this ever booming business. You can create a free Cybrary account at any time, and register for the course Infrastructure Services, or any course of your choice. Professionals in their field teach each Cybrary course, so you can gain a complete understanding of the subject.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead, sign up with Cybrary and enjoy the numerous courses they offer.