End-User Cyber Fundamentals: Course Review
CyberSecurity has played a vital role in protecting the confidentiality of a user. It has been one of the highest priorities that users need to focus on to protect themselves from the risk of phishing and prevent themselves from getting hacked. Cyber awareness should be treated as a mandate by every IT associate and other users to reduce the risk of being compromised.
End-users are primary targets of unethical hackers who will not leave any stone unturned to hack them and access sensitive information. As a result, Cyber awareness is critical to be distributed to people to protect their confidentiality.
Importance of this Course
This course presents a basic understanding of Cyber-Security and its importance in day to day life. This will help viewers to navigate the security measures in social media, Public Cloud Platforms, and the Internet of things (IoT). It focuses on the privacy settings of social media platforms, the data encryption techniques needed to secure a SaaS, and the critical security measures necessary to protect the data stored in IoT.
The core understanding of the course will lie in the awareness of CyberSecurity and why it is so important for a company or individual users. A user manipulating any sensitive data must know the procedure to keep it safe and protect it for the goodwill of the purpose of data. Large multinational companies (MNCs) have a knack for appointing an executive team to manage the data; thus, they come under the direct attack of hackers. Trading of sensitive data has been a source of income for many professionals, and the monitoring and the training of management personnel often miss the mark.
Course Outline and Detailed Description
This course is divided into five modules, and each module has been further distributed into detailed lectures and content.
- Module 1 (Safe Internet Browsing) This module introduces students to the basics of CyberSecurity, and a detailed explanation about website spoofing. In this, the instructor, Lisa Martino, explains the need for web security and protecting against malvertising.
- Module 2 (Social Media) This module emphasizes Social Media security and the privacy settings that every user must be aware of. The instructor will also walk through the risks of how Social Media can be a potential cyber threat to a user.
- Module 3 (Public Cloud Storage) Lisa Martino explains the pros and cons of using Public Cloud Storage and its impact on the security of an end-user of a company or self-hosted server.
- Module 4 (Internet of Things) This module will demonstrate the risks that IoT presents to users' security and how those risks can be prevented. IoT is an extremely popular technological advancement that should be backed with a secured infrastructure and trained personnel.
- Module 5 (Wrap Up) This wraps up the course with a short concluding speech from the instructor, emphasizing the importance of skills attained from the previous modules.
Prerequisites for this Course
Before starting on with the course, one needs to know the following:
- This course is for beginners who want to learn about Internet security.
- Basic understanding of computers and not limited to one operating system.
- The urge to expand the knowledge in CyberSecurity and get expertise in it.
Who should take this Course?
This course is primarily built for all those who are continuously managing data in either a company or deploying their infrastructure over the Internet. This course is also highly beneficial for associates responsible for the security of a company or organization. Social Media users will also gain necessary insights about the potential cyber threat that all the social media platforms possess. The targeted audiences are as follows:
- IT Data Engineers
- Security Audit Compliance Managers
- Cloud Architects
- Native Developers
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of CyberSecurity in day to day life.
- Replicate the security features in their applications or servers.
- Understand the risk possessed by Social Media and take measures to avoid any data breaching.
- Emphasize the importance of the Internet of things (IoT) with proper insight about its security.
- Help other users teach the basics of Cyber Fundamentals and gain importance in security auditing.
Gain Cybersecurity Skills With These Courses: