By: Cybrary Staff
June 22, 2022
Cybersecurity Bootcamps vs Cybrary
By: Cybrary Staff
June 22, 2022
Cybersecurity is one of the fastest-growing and most important career fields today. However, there is a severe shortage of qualified and certified workers. Studies show that a cybersecurity skill shortage is placing organizations at risk and its associated impacts have not improved over the past few years. For example, in a recent report by Fortinet, a staggering 80% of organizations experienced at least one breach during the last 12 months that they could attribute to a lack of cybersecurity skills and/or awareness.
So, what does this all mean? It means the workforce needs you! Individuals and teams must continue their education and upskill. Cybersecurity bootcamps and development platforms like Cybrary are two of the many ways to accomplish this.
What are Cybersecurity Bootcamps?
Cybersecurity bootcamps are robust programs that can last anywhere from 12-28 weeks or up to 10 months, depending on the company or university that provides them. These bootcamps are typically offered full-time or part-time, as they teach learners the technical skills required to land a job in cybersecurity.
- Curriculum developed by security professionals working in the field.
- Security coursework that is challenging and reflects current trends and issues.
- Real-world training, certification preparation, and career counseling.
- A lower tuition fee than the cost of a degree.
- Full-time and intensive — you'll struggle to work and study at the same time.
- It can cost anywhere from $9,000-$20,000 or more, and many schools or companies do not offer student loans or scholarships.
- Meant for individuals not for teams.
- Many cybersecurity bootcamps do not guarantee employment.
Cybrary is a cybersecurity and IT workforce development platform. It’s a growing community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity educational experience.
There are two paths offered at Cybrary.
Cybrary Insider Pro
Cybrary Insider Pro is geared toward empowering professionals looking to build their career in cybersecurity. This is for individuals to get their feet wet, determine if they are in the right industry, or looking to improve their current skill set to get their next role. Benefits include:
- Learn at your own pace, with over 1,900 learning activities!
- Certification prep with HD video coursework.
- Hands-on labs aligned to learning objectives (powered by PracticeLabs).
- Practice test software, including flashcards (powered by CyberVista).
- A Discord community for Q&A sessions, discussions around a variety of topics, networking, giveaways, and more.
Cybrary for Teams
Cybrary for Teams helps security leaders identify the cybersecurity skill gaps that put their organization at risk, then combines expert-led courses on the most in-demand cybersecurity skills and certifications with hands-on learning experiences to develop high-performance teams prepared to meet modern security challenges. Benefits for this path include:
Skill Gap Tracking
- Analytics, dashboards, and reporting to track each specific strength and weakness of each team member.
- Goal tracking capabilities to keep everyone accountable!
- Customizable career paths.
- Save hours of ramp time by creating paths build specifically for a desired workrole!
- Dedicated Customer Success Managers.
- You’ll essentially have a full time Cybrary employee at your service. This is helpful for inexperienced teams, or startups just beginning their training process.
- Career paths aligned to NIST/DoD 8140. All certification paths include video courses, hands-on labs, and practice assessments.
- Unlimited CEUs/CPEs.
So, how do you proceed from here? Here are a few key takeaways.
- When selecting a learning and training platform or program, do your homework first.
- Find a solution that works with your available time, budget and learning style.
- Cybrary offers more than 1,900 self-paced learning activities, which includes options for both individuals and organizations.
- On average, Cybrary Insider Pro is 1/24th of the cost compared to bootcamps.
- Cybrary for teams saves $18,680 per employee just through reduced attrition costs. This equates to approximately 50 times your return on investment.
Begin your cybersecurity training and development journey today with Cybrary! Learn more about our plans and pricing here.