Hi, guys!Today I will show you how to crack windows password hashes.Tools used:
- Cain and Abel
- A strong dictionary
OK, let me clear some things up, first: When you save your password in windows, it is encrypted into hashes. Hashes are stored in the SAM file. I will crack that SAM file.Start:
- Run Cain and Abel as admin.
- Click on the cracker tab.
- Now click on the LM and NTLM hashes.
- Now click on the blue button(add button blue color symbol)
- Now add the SAM and SYSTEM file here (if you don't know how to extract these files then please stop reading and follow the video link below)
- Now extract NThashes from the files and copy-paste it into a new text file and save it with the extension .hash
- Copy the hash file into the hashcat folder.
- Run cmd as admin.
- Go into the hashcat folder from cmd.
- Run the following command ::
- hashcat -m 1000 password.hash rockyou.txt (m=mode of cracking , 1000 for NTLM hashes)
- Check status and if the password is cracked or not.
Here is the video I created to demonstrate:
Did you like this article? Here's a related post.