Ready to Start Your Career?Create Free Account
By: justin hansen
October 17, 2017
How to View OST Files In All Outlook Versions
October 17, 2017
By: justin hansen
October 17, 2017
How to View OST File In Outlook 2016/13/10/07 and All Previous VersionsDisclaimer: The entire write-up comprises of the methods to open, view OST file in Outlook or read OST files without Outlook. Moreover, the entire content primarily focuses on the methods to open OST files in Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007 and below editions manually and by using Outlook OST to PST Converter tool.
A basic introduction to MS Outlook:Outlook is a renowned email client that is used to access the Exchange Server mails. It not only offers the access to Microsoft Outlook to Microsoft Exchange server, but it even comprises of contacts, calendaring and task management facilities.Many companies can also access Microsoft Outlook with the Share Point platform for sharing documents, sending reminders, project notes, and many other things. It can even be used as a stand-alone application for performing different tasks.The source code for MS Outlook is written in C++ language and works well with the Windows Operating System. Before just jumping to the section where we need to view OST files in Outlook 2016/13/10/07, go through the segment below and get a brief understanding of OST files.
An inside look at Outlook OST files:If a user uses Microsoft Exchange account, all the emails, contacts, calendars, and other matters can be delivered and then stored on a server. Users can even configure Outlook and then make and save the replica of the data on a system within the Outlook OST files. While performing the task, users are subject to using the Cache Exchange Mode in offline mode. The Offline .ost files can always sync with the MS Exchange computer when the connection is available.The Microsoft Offline folder is basically a copy of the files found in a mailbox, but on the computer, comprising of the MS Exchange. It can be considered easy to take the folder from one location present on the server and works well with the files when it is not connected to the network. The moment users have connected to it again, the file is updated on the respective server folder make them match. The entire process can be considered for synchronizing files and the folders.The users can even add, delete, or modify the content of offline file/folder. Users can send the messages that are included in the offline Outbox. Also, the users can even preview the matter of offline public files. Additionally, all the new messages have been kept in Inbox that is present on the server, and even all other people can add, modify, and delete the content present in the public folders. The users are completely unaware of the changes till synchronization of the server can be done.Synchronized information consists of the following parameters:
1. Headers: It is the descriptive item present only in emails. It even consists of the information like:
- name of sender
- subject of email
- time and size of the message
Sign up for a free 7 Day Trial today to enroll in these Career Paths:
How to View OST file in Outlook 2016:Microsoft Offline OST files can be synchronized with the data present on the server with Microsoft Exchange. All data remains on the Microsoft Exchange server. The users can make a .ost file in the system without taking the backup of the previous file. Moreover, to view the OST File in MS Outlook 2016/13/10/7, users need to know the storage location of the OST Files. Listed below are the few storage locations which can be used to easily view Outlook OST files.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista drive:userAppDataMicrosoftOutlookWindows XP drive: Documents and settingsUserLocal SettingsApplicationDataMicrosoftOutlook
Now, let’s go to the below write-up segment where we will come across two sub-sections in which users will come across two methods i.e., view OST file in Outlook and read OST File without MS Outlook.
Method to view OST files in MS OutlookTo read OST file in Microsoft Outlook, the users need to move the OST file to PST first. So, listed below are the methods through which the process can be completed.
1. Export Facility offered by MS Outlook
The method allows users with an option to export files from MS Exchange OST to Outlook PST 2016/13/10/07. To perform the task of migration, follow the steps listed below:
- Start Microsoft Outlook >> File>> Choose Export a File>> and Next
- Select Personal File Folder(.pst) >> Next
- Opt for Folder to be transferred and then, click on the include sub-folders option
- Browse to location where the users need to save exported files
- Click on Finish Button and finally complete the process
2. Archive Facility provided by Outlook
If a user needs to move the data to mailbox items to MS Outlook Data File(.pst). Follow the method jotted below:
- Start Microsoft Outlook>> File tab>> Archive
- A window opens, in which you can choose file/folder for archiving process
- Browse to the destination and store archived Outlook PST file
- Click on OK button and then the archiving process will begin
3. Transfer Outlook Data items to a New PST File
- Launch MS Outlook 2007
- Make a new Outlook Data File PST in Microsoft Outlook Profile
- Finally, use drag and drop option to move entire mailbox folder in case you need to export Outlook PST File
Case 2: How to View OST Files Without MS OutlookNow, Reading MS Outlook OST Files is easy by making use of an Expert Solution i.e., OST Viewer Tool to View OST files without MS Outlook. Let’s have some insights of the program.
- View attachments of Offline OST files using standalone tool
- Displays emails, address books, to-do lists, journals, and notes
- Renders the display of Microsoft Outlook OST files in batch
- Exchange Server not required to read and open OST Files
- Recover deleted OST files using the advanced scanning mode
- Allows the addition of multiple Outlook OST files one by one
- Provides item count of every folder and subfolder in OST files
- Reloads and views saved scan files within a fraction of seconds
- Option to shift temporary folders to drives to save space/time