Thunderbird to Outlook PST Conversion to Migrate All Folders
How Do I Convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?
Use the Thunderbird to Outlook converter or use a manual approach for migrating emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. It will allow conversion of the Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook PST format in a few clicks.
Why Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2002?
Thunderbird and Outlook are both popular email clients. Small and large companies’ users mostly prefer Outlook for business purposes because of its advanced features and easy-to-use interface. This is especially true for companies using Microsoft technologies for their IT devices since Outlook is a Microsoft product. Each organization uses a desktop email client to fulfill their email needs, which suits them for management and staying under budget. But day by day, organization requirements change when they find some new platforms. Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email client, so it is widely in use by personal users.
How to Migrate Emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook
In this section, we will show you how to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook. There are at least three methods for converting Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook PST format. Those three options are as follows:
- Convert Thunderbird to Outlook using IMAP
- Export Thunderbird to Outlook using Drag-and-Drop Method
- Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook using Third-Party Software
Convert Thunderbird to Outlook through IMAP
Configure your Gmail account to Thunderbird by using IMAP by following these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on the setting option.
- Select Forwarding POP/IMAP.
- Enable IMAP server (see Figure 1).
Finally, click Save Changes.
Now, open Thunderbird, go to File menu > New > Existing Mail Account…” (see Figure 2)
The Mail Account Setup window will appear. Fill in all valid details (Full name, Email, and an account password); click on continue to proceed.
Now Thunderbird will fetch entered email account settings automatically from Gmail and display this message (see Figure 4) if everything worked correctly.
Your account has been configured with Gmail to Thunderbird. Now, create a folder in the Gmail account and export your data from Thunderbird to Gmail when you fetch all your Thunderbird data. Check your Gmail account and confirm whether all data was exported or not. When all data is exported, configure MS Outlook to Gmail with IMAP server. And download all data from Gmail. Note: this process is easy but not completely reliable for exporting all data in its original format.
Export Data from Thunderbird to Outlook Using the Drag-and-Drop Method
In this method, first, we will export Thunderbird data in EML format then import it into MS Outlook.
Let’s start with exporting Thunderbird data in EML format.
- Make a new folder on the desktop (give a proper name to the folder).
- Open the Thunderbird messages that you want to move into Outlook.
Now select the emails that you want to move to the new folder, then right-click and choose “Save selected messages > EML format” (see Figure 5).
Import EML Files into Outlook
- After exporting data to a new folder, open MS Outlook.
- Now, use drag-and-drop to move all content into the Outlook folder (select all messages in the local folder and drag them into the Outlook window).
Note: This conversion is only used in MS Outlook 2016-2013 or 2010. It’s a straightforward and freeway. However, if you have large data or folders, it’s not certain how long the conversion process will take.
There are shortfalls with both of the above methods. A complete transformation of data is not guaranteed, nor is the conversion from MBOX to PST. To overcome these shortcomings, we move on to the next method. This is the safest and most useful method for moving Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
Use a Third-Party Tool to Move Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
The migration process may be complicated for those not familiar with email clients and their processes. In that case, a third-party tool could be the best answer. Searching the internet will reveal that there are many products on the market. Mailsdaddy Thunderbird to Outlook converter software, which is reliable and secure, is a good choice. To test its functionality, try the free demo version of the software, which allows the conversion of 20 emails per folder. To use the full features of this program, one should buy the full licensed version.
Mailsdaddy product features are fantastic and easy to process in migration. You can convert any MBOX files to PST format, and it doesn’t matter where you exported these MBOX folders from or which email client you are using.
Some of its core features are:
- If you are using Thunderbird email client and don’t know where your MBOX files are stored, then the Autoload option is only for you because it is straightforward to fetch your data from any location.
- If you know where you saved your MBOX files, use the Add File or Search option to browse them.
- You can directly export all emails to PST in one click.
- You can see the preview of any emails and attachments.
- If your MBOX folder is huge, you can save every MBOX file in a separate PST or single PST.
- It will take a few seconds to convert MBOX to PST format after clicking on the export button.
In this article, I showed you how to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook. If you have any questions related to this topic, then you can comment in the section below. I would be happy to help you.