Thunderbird to Outlook PST Conversion to Migrate All Folders
How Do I Convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?Use the best Thunderbird to Outlook converter, or use a manual approach for migrating emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. It will allow converting of the Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook PST format in a few clicks.
Why Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2002?Thunderbird and Outlook both are the most useful email clients. But for business purposes, Outlook is mostly preferred by small or large companies' users because of its advanced features and easy-to-use interface. Each organization uses a desktop email client to fulfill their emailing needs, which suits them for management and staying under budget. But day by day, organization requirements totally change when they find some new platforms. Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email client, so it is widely used by personal users. Outlook is a Microsoft product which is paid, but it is preferred by most professionals.
Which Features Separate MS Outlook from Thunderbird?
|Features/Support||Microsoft Outlook||Mozilla Thunderbird|
|Email Scheduling||Allowed||Not allowed|
|Exchange Server||Supported||Not Supported|
|Advanced Filter||Available with spam filtering||Not available|
|Mobile Support||Android & Windows phone supported||Not allowed|
|Tasks, Calendar||Allowed||Not allowed|
How to Migrate Emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to OutlookIn this section, we will show you how to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook. We have three methods for converting Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook PST format, and we will move one by one.
- Convert Thunderbird to Outlook using IMAP
- Export Thunderbird to Outlook using Drag-and-Drop Method
- Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook using Third-Party Software
Convert Thunderbird to Outlook through IMAPConfigure your Gmail account to Thunderbird by using IMAP. If you don’t know how to configure it, then follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on the setting option.
- Select Forwarding POP/IMAP.
- Enable IMAP server.
- The Mail Account Setup window appears to fill all valid details; click on continue.
- A new pop-up opens in the same window; enable IMAP server and press the Done button.
Your Account has been configured with Gmail to Thunderbird. Now, create a folder in the Gmail account and export your data from Thunderbird to Gmail when you fetch all your data from Thunderbird.
Check your Gmail account and confirm whether all data was exported or not. When all data is exported, configure MS Outlook to Gmail with IMAP server. And download all data from Gmail. Note: this process is easy but not reliable to export all data in original format. Export Data from Thunderbird to Outlook Using Drag-and-Drop Method. In this method, first, we will export Thunderbird data in EML format then import into MS Outlook.
Let’s start with exporting Thunderbird data in EML format.
- Make a new folder on the desktop (give a suitable name to the folder).
- Open the Thunderbird messages that you want to move into Outlook.
- Now use drag-and-drop to move all emails or selected emails from Thunderbird to a new folder.
- After exporting data to a new folder, Open MS Outlook.
- Again, use drag-and-drop to move all content into the Outlook folder.
There is some shortfall in both of the above methods. Complete transformation of data is not certain, and neither is the conversion from MBOX to PST. To overcome these shortcomings, we move on to the next method. This is the safest and more useful method for moving Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
Use a Third-Party Tool to Move Thunderbird Emails to OutlookThe migration process is too complicated if we are not familiar with email clients and do not understand their processes. In that case, we need third-party software. Around the Internet, we found many products on the market. But I will suggest Mailsdaddy Thunderbird to Outlook converter software, which is more reliable and secure. If you are not satisfied with my word, then try the free demo version of the software, which allows the conversion of 20 emails per folder. In other words, if you want to use the full features of this product, then you should buy the required licensed copy.
Mailsdaddy product features are awesome and easy to process in migration. You can convert any MBOX files to PST format, and it doesn’t matter where you exported these MBOX folders from or which email client you are using.
I already use this product, so I want to share its features:
- If you are using Thunderbird email client and don’t know where are your MBOX files are stored, then the Auto load option is only for you, because it is very easy to fetch your data from any location.
- If you know where you saved your MBOX files, then use Add File or Search option to browse them.
- You can directly export all emails to PST in one click.
- You can see the preview of any emails and attachments and save on the spot in given formats.
- If your MBOX folder is huge, then you can save every MBOX file in a separate PST or single PST.
- It will take a few seconds to convert MBOX to PST format after clicking on the export button.