How to Recover Deleted files from NTFS and FAT Hard Drive Partition?
A hard disk, when this word comes into anyone mind. Without any question, they link this word with storage media that can save a bulk amount of data. Nowadays, users have very much relied on a hard disk drive for the bulk storage, it can be internal or external Hard disk. So, if data stored in it get lost, it becomes the serious problem for any user.
Basically, hard disk stores data in either using NTFS or FAT Partition. Sometimes, accidentally a file is deleted, data is not shown by the system, files are lost, during performing any process. Most of the users faced this type of situation in their day-to-day life. However, if proper care is not done while using the hard drive, then there may be chances of corruption. It may also corrupt NTFS and FAT partition on the hard drive. Thus, this article will provide depth details about; how to recover deleted files from the NTFS Partition as well as FAT Partition.
User’s Query for Deleted Data Recovery from NTFS Partition
“I was using Windows 7 on my laptop with 3 NTFS partitions and now I want to use Windows 10 instead. When I install Windows 10 on my system, I have no longer folders and files on the (D:),(E:),(F:) partitions and the only 138 GB is shown by the system although my storage is of 320 GB in hard drive. I am unable to access my lost data of 182 GB. Is there any method to recover the NTFS Partition files? If anyone knows any solution, then please let me know.”
Method to Recover Deleted Files from NTFS and FAT Partition
With the help of command prompt, users can recover deleted or lost files from NTFS partition as well as from FAT partition. This manual method can be used to perform some specific kind of recovery problem, including:
- Recovery of files from virus infected partitions.
- Recovery of files from corrupted partitions.
- Recovery of inaccessible files from a RAW hard drive.
Recover Data from virus infected NTFS, FAT partition Via Command prompt
This is a manual method to recover lost data from hard drive NTFS or fat partition. Simply follow the steps listed below:
- Connect your hard drive to the laptop/Computer systems
- After that, click on Start menu, write ‘cmd’ in the search bar and then press Enter key
- A new window will open, named “cmd.exe”
- Then, right-click "cmd.exe" and then a window will appear that allows you to recover virus infected files. Type “attrib-h-r-s/s/drive letter;*.*” and press Enter key
- Your file is recovered now
Recover file from corrupted partitions Via Command Prompt
- Connect your Hard disk/ drive with the system
- Click on the Start menu, type “cmd” in the search bar and press Enter key
- Then, type: (“chkdsk drive letter:/r/f”) in the Command Window
- After this step, your file is recovered
Recover data from RAW drive Via Command Prompt
Data lost from the raw drive can also be recovered by using the command prompt. This method is applicable for FAT and NTFS hard drive partition.
- Plug-in your hard drive in your computer system.
- To begin, click on the Start menu and type “cmd” >> Enter key
- Then, type “diskpart” and hit Enter key
- After that, type “Rescan” and press Enter key.
- Finally, your file is recovered.
A Trouble-free Solution to Recover Deleted Files from NTFS and FAT Partition
Command line data recovery is not applicable to for following the type of recoveries:
- Deleted file recovery.
- Not deleted files(means the files that are not shown by the system) recovery.
- Image recovery from the formatted hard drive.
- Permanently deleted files.
For solving these kinds of recoveries, a user needs an all-in-one file recovery tool that can help them out to recover all type of deleted data from NTFS & FAT Partition. The most popular solution is SysTools Partition Data Recovery Software that let users solve all problems related to the deleted file from the hard drive. In addition, the software offers various prominent features:
- Recover and save permanently deleted files from hard drive.
- It is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Recover data from internal as well as external hard drives.
- Recover deleted files from NTFS, FAT, GPT, and MBR partition
- Recover all the multimedia data also like images, audio, video etc.
It is important to take data backup at regular intervals of time but what if you have not backup your important data and it gets deleted or lost. Here, in this blog, some techniques by which you can bring your deleted files back are discussed. No matter, which type of partition are you using, it recovers data from both NTFS and FAT Partition.
Do you like to write about your infosec knowledge, skills, opinions, or exploits?
Publish your original research, tutorials, articles, or other written content on Cybray's blog to be seen by thousands of infosec readers daily!