Ready to Start Your Career?
May 28, 2017
Lesson 1- Let's Learn Python!
May 28, 2017
This series is going to teach you the concepts, and functions of the Python programming language, it will help you build an understanding of the language. Gradually we will base the series on security related issues, with the focus of ethical hacking and penetration testing.:~$ whoamiAslam AdmaniThat's me!Well, why Python you ask? Python is an easy-to-learn language, which is versatile, well supported, and resourceful. It comes pre-installed on multiple operating systems and is used by many including hackers, data scientists, network admins, web developers and more. So why not learn it?Let's begin by identifying the requirements:
- You will need a PC, be it a laptop/desktop
- If you do not have access to these items, it will be harder to learn, however, there are some mobile apps that support Python. If you have android you can download programming hub (within the app search for Python), Python ide and a few others. As for ios powered devices you could just search for Python, and read reviews (I'm on android, so I wouldn't know what's best for apple users).
- You will need to be self-motivated, find what you want to do, why you want to learn Python and be persistent.
- download vmware player, or virtualbox (if you don't have it)
- download a Kali Linux iso file
- install and configure the virtual image (Kali Linux) using the VMWare or VBox
- you're good to go!
- We will be using Python 2, however if you wish you can download python 3. There are a few distinctions between the both, and throughout the course I will point them out.
- Next go to: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.4.1.html to download notepad ++
- print 'hello world'
- The standard syntax is: print ('hello world')
- From this you should see the output: 'hello world'
- Now try the same program however instead of using ' ', try using " text ", and ''' ''', or """ text in here """. Play around with these!